Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Ricoh MP301 Email issue

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I wouldn’t imagine somebody snuck in a firewall, did they?

Just by the nature of what they do, their installation normally keeps a very low profile.

Some years back, I had an issue with a Canon iRC3220 not sending email; it was always getting blocked.

The IT guy had added a SonicWall firewall, and the IP of the copier was not allowed to send SMTP email, either through an external provider, or the SMTP service I set up on a local PC.

Let’s face it...MFPs are not on the list of priorities for most IT folk.
    i agree totally,
    ill check and see

Technician

Re: Ricoh MP301 Email issue

As it happened right after the router has been changed I'm also guessing it has something to do with the new router - if no other device has been newly integrated as well.

If it's a smaller network with no device restrictions / port security etc. you could just take a test notebook with the same IP as the ricoh machine when it's shut down and test it from there, for example with windows telnet, so you actually know whether you can reach your smtp server through the specific port.

What ports have you opened and how is it configured? If you just want to send an email with SMTP and it's a small router with a normal integrated firewall and no other server/proxy used, you don't really need any ports open as you send the smtp request only from the inside of the network to the mailserver through NAT. It's just guessing from my part though without knowing more about the network.

Quote Originally Posted by Trommel View Post
    As it happened right after the router has been changed I'm also guessing it has something to do with the new router - if no other device has been newly integrated as well.

If it's a smaller network with no device restrictions / port security etc. you could just take a test notebook with the same IP as the ricoh machine when it's shut down and test it from there, for example with windows telnet, so you actually know whether you can reach your smtp server through the specific port.

What ports have you opened and how is it configured? If you just want to send an email with SMTP and it's a small router with a normal integrated firewall and no other server/proxy used, you don't really need any ports open as you send the smtp request only from the inside of the network to the mailserver through NAT. It's just guessing from my part though without knowing more about the network.
    all ports >25 (greater than ) are open in the smtp section,
    ill try the ip address with a lap top and just see if its the problem, thanks for the insight

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Post Re: Ricoh MP301 Email issue

If all your network settings - IP (no conflicts on existing network devices) subnet mask, gateway, DNS servers, SMTP servers are all the same...there may be another issue with the outgoing server or incoming server.
    Just had 2 weird email problems today an hour apart... both Spectrum (Brighthouse) could not scan to email to their Domain emails. They could send to a gmail account. I suspect maintenance or glitch at Spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    If all your network settings - IP (no conflicts on existing network devices) subnet mask, gateway, DNS servers, SMTP servers are all the same...there may be another issue with the outgoing server or incoming server.
    Just had 2 weird email problems today an hour apart... both Spectrum (Brighthouse) could not scan to email to their Domain emails. They could send to a gmail account. I suspect maintenance or glitch at Spectrum
    thats funny,i had the same issue a one of my clients! but in my case the email woulndt go to my gmail either, but my office MFP (same set up smtp outgoing) worked fine!
    did it get resplved?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP301 Email issue

One thing to consider, when they replaced the router, did they also change internet provider. There are still some ISP that block all scanning SMTP that is not to their SMTP server.

it didnt seem so
    but you may be on to something
    they went from verizon router, to frontier ,

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP301 Email issue

A quick test is to setup using Frontier's SMTP and one of the emails setup on Frontier. They always setup at least one for billing.

Have you tried putting the device on DHCP, let it pick up a new IP and test?

Strangely i have had this work before.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

When you open the web image monitor and go to system log under network, what is the last 10 listed posts ?