Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh IMC models

ricoh IMC models

i know these are still new. but has anyone worked with them much? how well do they seem to work or not work? just curious as we have just started selling them...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh IMC models

Re: ricoh IMC models

Too early to tell on our end. We have quite a few out there, but (knock on wood) haven't gotten any calls as of yet.
    They haven't been pushing out constant firmware changes right out of the gate, like they did with previous machines, which is a positive.
    From the Training, it seems like it will be an easily serviceable machine, but as I said, too early to tell.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh IMC models

thanks for the info. i did notice the firmware package and was told since it is on the site now that it "should be good" and i have loaded it on about 3 new machines. haven't had any issues with that yet. but they haven't been in the field a week yet.

ricoh IMC models

We have quite a few out, have not had any problems at all yet. We have enabled the auto firmware updates so they all stay up to date.

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

I have a IM C3000 that destroyed the image transfer belt at 30k total clicks but suspect it was the users and not the machines fault. Its sitting in a very hot container office at a coal mine and seems to be holding up ok (am expecting a call now tomorrow just for saying that haha)

I like how easy it is to remove the units on them and haven't been on training yet but one of my mates at my previous employer has and apparently there is a service mode you can access via the web image monitor and check inputs and outputs on the machine while it's printing which sounds very cool. Not sure if this is on a feature of the new controller or just certain higher end models

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Units are easy to pull out and yes, the users does this, until now ruining pcu’s and image belts... not really a benefit if you ask me.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Don’t forget that if you should need to install a Java based app (one that won’t run on the Android control panel) that Java is no longer included.

Not only has it gone back to the old SD card, it also requires a 4GB memory option...and roughly $500 to the machine cost.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

I've run up and installed around 30 IMC over the past couple of months and in December I'm finally going on product training lol.
    Haven't had any issues with them so far...seems like a good box and the customers like the simple apps.

Most of my customers prefer the classic apps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ricoh IMC models

Had a C6000 fuser failure at 30k. But, other than that, they have been running well.