Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP2001 and 2011 firmware

Hello! I'm working as an IT technician and we have several Ricoh 2001 and 2011 All-In-Ones. I've recently found out that the firmware version in all devices is very old (has never been updated). So I've tried to find someplace to download but failed with the searches.
    Can someone please help me with that?
    Thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP2001 and 2011 firmware

Re: MP2001 and 2011 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by a.kursky View Post
    Hello! I'm working as an IT technician and we have several Ricoh 2001 and 2011 All-In-Ones. I've recently found out that the firmware version in all devices is very old (has never been updated). So I've tried to find someplace to download but failed with the searches.
    Thanks!
    besides firmware you will need to locate a service manual for them. Pu the requests here:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

Contributors to CTN ( small donation) will get you the Contributor Badge on your profile, Techs here are more willing to help a fellow contributor.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2001 and 2011 firmware

Thanks!
    First post and you already showing that you don't like to follow the rules. Firmware is the intellectual property of Ricoh. There is a reason they do not make it available to the general public. IT idiots have been known to crater machines doing thing they are not trained to do.

From the Forum Rules:
    General Rule 5. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    First post and you already showing that you don't like to follow the rules. Firmware is the intellectual property of Ricoh. There is a reason they do not make it available to the general public. IT idiots have been known to crater machines doing thing they are not trained to do.

From the Forum Rules:
    General Rule 5. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
    First of all you cant call anyone an idiot without knowing anything..
    The second thing is that its not about any kind of piracy, I'm just wondering how to find a firmware. And also I saw posts here on this forum where people got some links or firmware files directly while asking about the same thing as I do.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2001 and 2011 firmware

First of all you cant call anyone an idiot without knowing anything..
    The second thing is that its not about any kind of piracy, I'm just wondering how to find a firmware. And also I saw posts here on this forum where people got some links or firmware files directly while asking about the same thing as I do.
    It is an intellectual property violation. As for your being an idiot, your not understanding that is proof of my estimation of your intelligence.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

IT guys think they are GODS AGAIN.....
    GO HIRE A TECH

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    GO HIRE A TECH
    I didnt ask these kinds of answers to appear in this thread. So please if you have nothing useful to say just pass by..

Quite basically...
    This forum is for DIGITAL IMAGING TECHNICIANS to assist each other in fault finding.
    It is NOT and has NEVER been a "One stop shop" for I.T. professionals to bypass manufacturer procedures and obtain firmware.
    For Ricoh firmware you MUST be a Ricoh trained Technician (either Ricoh direct or an authorized Ricoh dealer).
    The firmware is obtained via the Ricoh service portal in each region using Ricoh supplied login credentials.
    NOBODY here supports I.T professionals updating firmware...EVER.
    This is primarily why you may be encountering negativity to your original post.
    As someone else suggested...if you want the firmware updated...call an authorized Ricoh tech and he'll do it for you.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP2001 and 2011 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    GO HIRE A TECH
    that's because they are taught their SHIT doesn't stink!

we have MANY IT guys that are Copier/Printer Tech wannabee'z

problem is.. most IT geeks I have met, I could (and most of us older tech's) could do THEIR jobs as much as we have to clean up their screw ups!

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Quite basically...
    This forum is for DIGITAL IMAGING TECHNICIANS to assist each other in fault finding.
    It is NOT and has NEVER been a "One stop shop" for I.T. professionals to bypass manufacturer procedures and obtain firmware.
    For Ricoh firmware you MUST be a Ricoh trained Technician (either Ricoh direct or an authorized Ricoh dealer).
    The firmware is obtained via the Ricoh service portal in each region using Ricoh supplied login credentials.
    NOBODY here supports I.T professionals updating firmware...EVER.
    This is primarily why you may be encountering negativity to your original post.
    As someone else suggested...if you want the firmware updated...call an authorized Ricoh tech and he'll do it for you.
    Ok. Thanks for the information.