Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 301 toner condition

Re: MP 301 toner condition

Quote Originally Posted by Firthy View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my question. Did you put a new dev unit in aswell as the pcu?

If you didn't I'd check the gears that sand mentioned above, I've seen some pretty chewed.
    Dude....
    The PCU includes the drum, dev, gears, Etc...it's an all in one unit.
    Yes, as he said he's replaced everything, because that's the ONLY way to do it

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Dude....
    Gets my vote, always works.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Dude....
    Sandman I've worked out whats happened. I replied to Davel thinking he was the orginal poster but its actually craigster, and craigster hasnt responded to his post yet.

The PCDU can be pulled apart and the pcu section can be rebuilt. Personally we found you can get 2 rebuild pcu for every dev. And in craigster orginal post he only said he replaced PCU not PCDU, so you can see where ive confused myself.
    Last edited by Firthy; 10-25-2019 at 06:20 AM. Reason: grammar, still trash but what can you do

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firthy View Post
    Sandman I've worked out whats happened. I replied to Davel thinking he was the orginal poster but its actually craigster, and craigster hasnt responded to his post yet.

The PCDU can be pulled apart and the pcu section can be rebuilt. Personally we found you can get 2 rebuild pcu for every dev. And in craigster orginal post he only said he replaced PCU not PCDU, so you can see where ive confused myself.
    I ve rebuilt many b/w all in one drums and was tortured by using Katun soft drums that lasted maybe 15k b4 lines showed on drum.
    I think there are good aftermarket drums and drum blades now,FUJI drums JAPAN and a bright green one made in GERMANY.
    I understand that in some parts of the world NEW OEM unit is not easy or cheap to find so I can see them doing a rebuild..
    Not sure where the guy asking for help is from..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP 301 toner condition

It can also be mentioned that with a slight modification the type 1515 pcu can also be used in the MP301, by swapping the faceplate on the pcu or removing the plastic locator pin on the front of the machine.
    Last edited by copyaction; 10-25-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Technician / Shop Manager 100+ Posts JonManchester's Avatar

Had this happen more than I can count. Machine tries to add toner and the dv unit gears are chewed up and wont auger toner into PCDU. Adding toner always fills up toner entrance to PCDU and makes a mess. After removing bad PCDU always clean the LED strip that wipes the drum because it will be coated with toner trust me. So first do what the sand man mentioned before, by clearing the toner end first before shutting off. After that clean and replace with new PCDU and run your SP2801 when machine comes ready. I always change PTR too. Have a good day.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the all of the replys, I have tried 3 new genuine PCDU with the same out come going for main board and a ID sensor. will let you know.

Technician / Shop Manager 100+ Posts JonManchester's Avatar

Could be some bad logic, if you have the original birth certificate a memory clear could work. You have nothing to lose if your going after boards anyways.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 301 toner condition

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Thanks for the all of the replys, I have tried 3 new genuine PCDU with the same out come going for main board and a ID sensor. will let you know.
    ...Suit yourself, and go ahead and ignore the advice if you want, but there's ZERO chance IMO that either of those are actual cause - although the new main board may resolve it inadvertently, because when installed, it may not recognize the ADD TONER condition that is causing all of your grief.