Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Blurred Prints/copies and B246 9510 drum does never reach target yield of 1.2m copies

Hello

Since a few months we have weird problems with our machines. Daily service calls for the same reason "light copies or blurred prints"..... All this machines have a B246 9510 Drum.....it seems the priblem starts with approx 500k,sometimes earlier. In all this machines we changed the developer and the blade at the same time as the Drum. But if you have a look on this drums we had to change they look worn out, they look like they have 5million clicks on it......small stripes, opache areas.....(in this areas the toner during the rotation falls down causing the blurred print)....... We had a similar issue two years ago.... Turned out to be the Type9002 toner. But now it's different.... For me it seems if the toner/developer acts as a "steel brush" on the drum surface (the cleaning brushes are original and new)....... Any suggestions? Its not humidity I'm sure.... (thats what ricoh said).. The problems haloens during the day... Doesn't matter if morning... Noon... Or night.... It's not a humidity problem

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Re: Blurred Prints/copies and B246 9510 drum does never reach target yield of 1.2m co

I use to replace the 1.2M drum with 750K drum for my 7502 and MP5500 that does 400k monthly.
    Works well because I have to replace them every after 2 months.
    I never had a martini in my mif that has reached the target yield of 1.2M. It always fails around 800k no matter how timely you replace your filters and PM parts.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Blurred Prints/copies and B246 9510 drum does never reach target yield of 1.2m copies

Re: Blurred Prints/copies and B246 9510 drum does never reach target yield of 1.2m co

check the pm counter and follow the indicated replacements, I often replace the grid, the corona wire and sometimes the led lamp could cause connection problems as well as being dirty.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Judging from the row of black spots on the first picture, someone put the drum without first coating it with either drum lubricant powder or toner. The row of black spots is where the blade stuck and flipped, damaging the drum surface.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I see that when it is very humid. Clean filters turn on drum and paper tray heater. Cross fingers

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Judging from the row of black spots on the first picture, someone put the drum without first coating it with either drum lubricant powder or toner. The row of black spots is where the blade stuck and flipped, damaging the drum surface.
    We use always drum powder..... The drums have 500-600 clicks on it..... The problem normally appears at 400-500k.......a flipped blade creates a problem almost immediately or not?

Memento Audere Semper

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The strange thing is that sometimes its only a small part with stripes as in the first image.... Sometimes the whole drum surface is full from one side to the other side...... Is it possible that the toner, together with the brush/blade works like a kind of "steele brush"...??...... Causing this damage?

Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

If you polish the drum with Brasso cleaner, all these streaks
    and deletion effects will go away. Dust the drum with powder.
    Make sure you have both heaters connected and the customer does
    not switch off everything from the electric board. Caution here.
    Then adjust SP-3901 to 1, SP-3902-001 set to 1,
    SP-3903-001 set to 1, SP-3904 set to 2 -"Level 2".
    After all check the area if it is well ventilated.
    Usually happens where there is only a door.
    ...then..."fingers crossed" as MIKON says before!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    If you polish the drum with Brasso cleaner, all these streaks
    and deletion effects will go away. Dust the drum with powder.
    Make sure you have both heaters connected and the customer does
    not switch off everything from the electric board. Caution here.
    Then adjust SP-3901 to 1, SP-3902-001 set to 1,
    SP-3903-001 set to 1, SP-3904 set to 2 -"Level 2".
    After all check the area if it is well ventilated.
    Usually happens where there is only a door.
    ...then..."fingers crossed" as MIKON says before!!
    I've already done al the recommended sp settings.... I've read a german bulletin to clean the drum with lube cleaner... But it didn't work..... I'll try your brasso cleaner... Do you have any link to it?

Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Furniture-Polishes/Brasso-Metal-Polish-175-ml/B002G0BULU

Use a soft foam pad to polish the drum.
    Drum polishing was a major activity a few decades
    before.