Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Ricoh MP 2501L

  1. #1
    Technical Manager Pulsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Panadura
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Ricoh MP 2501L

    Hi friends I have MP2501L copier with network connection. Unlike MP2501SP copier it doesn't have full detailed web image monitor & I can only enter IP address. also cannot setup to smb scanning & only working with usb scanning. my customer wants to use this as a network scanner. In Ricoh site also they don't issue network twain driver for this model. any advice please. many thanks in advance..

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 2501L

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,651
    Rep Power
    103

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsara View Post
    Hi friends I have MP2501L copier with network connection. Unlike MP2501SP copier it doesn't have full detailed web image monitor & I can only enter IP address. also cannot setup to smb scanning & only working with usb scanning. my customer wants to use this as a network scanner. In Ricoh site also they don't issue network twain driver for this model. any advice please. many thanks in advance..
    what version server / work stations?

    MicroCrap is blocking SMB1 and some copiers don't work on SMB2-3

    Effects of disabling SMBv1: Multifunction Printers and Laser Printers | Products & Services | Global | Ricoh

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nebraska, USA ------ GO BIG RED
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Is the ethernet port enabled in service mode? SP5-985 - switch to 1.
    It says the NIC port is an option, and the USB 2.0 is standard, so if it was installed and not enabled in SP mode, then you will have symptoms like you're saying.

  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    223

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    The network type jack does not guarantee that a model has full network function. The SP in the MP 2501SP stand for Scanner/Printer. The L indicates a Limited or basic machine. You will most like need to add the Scanner/Printer option. Check the Product Support Guide for the order code.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 2501L

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,004
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The network type jack does not guarantee that a model has full network function. The SP in the MP 2501SP stand for Scanner/Printer. The L indicates a Limited or basic machine. You will most like need to add the Scanner/Printer option. Check the Product Support Guide for the order code.
    You are correct Tim.
    It's not a model that's sold in this part of the world, so I just did 3 minutes of google research myself - which is apparently more than the poster was prepared to do for himself prior to providing the machine to his 'customer' with the promise of SMB scanning
    Only twain scanning is standard. Options are required for SMB scanning - likely the SD card, HDD, etc... but that will be for him to figure out

  6. #6
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 2501L

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,651
    Rep Power
    103

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You are correct Tim.
    It's not a model that's sold in this part of the world, so I just did 3 minutes of google research myself - which is apparently more than the poster was prepared to do for himself prior to providing the machine to his 'customer' with the promise of SMB scanning
    Only twain scanning is standard. Options are required for SMB scanning - likely the SD card, HDD, etc... but that will be for him to figure out
    Tim (Slim) knocks it outta the park constantly...

    awesome Guy.. love to split a pitcher with him if I ever get to the left coast again ( unlikely Tim )

    not the guy Sir.. just the loonies in your state.. been there twice.. kissed the marble floors at RDU (Raleigh) when I got back! Don't know how you do it!

  7. #7
    Technical Manager Pulsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Panadura
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You are correct Tim.
    It's not a model that's sold in this part of the world, so I just did 3 minutes of google research myself - which is apparently more than the poster was prepared to do for himself prior to providing the machine to his 'customer' with the promise of SMB scanning
    Only twain scanning is standard. Options are required for SMB scanning - likely the SD card, HDD, etc... but that will be for him to figure out
    You are correct I think. this machine doesn't have anything like HDD,SD card. only a simple card with network port fitted to the MB. only facility it has network printing & USB print/scan.

  8. #8
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    223

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Tim (Slim) knocks it outta the park constantly...

    awesome Guy.. love to split a pitcher with him if I ever get to the left coast again ( unlikely Tim )

    not the guy Sir.. just the loonies in your state.. been there twice.. kissed the marble floors at RDU (Raleigh) when I got back! Don't know how you do it!
    You might feel more comfortable here in Bakersfield. We're one of the few conservative holdouts in California. My Congressman is Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.

  9. #9
    Technical Manager Pulsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Panadura
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what version server / work stations?

    MicroCrap is blocking SMB1 and some copiers don't work on SMB2-3

    Effects of disabling SMBv1: Multifunction Printers and Laser Printers | Products & Services | Global | Ricoh
    this network still allowed SMB1. other copiers like MP2501SP, MP 3350 working perfectly with SMB scanning in this network. I think this is a basic macine with only network printing. no SD card HDD anything as Sandy explained. Thank you !

  10. #10
    Technical Manager Pulsara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Panadura
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MP 2501L

    Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Is the ethernet port enabled in service mode? SP5-985 - switch to 1.
    It says the NIC port is an option, and the USB 2.0 is standard, so if it was installed and not enabled in SP mode, then you will have symptoms like you're saying.
    There's no SP number like 5-985. but MP 2501SP has. I can do network printing. I think port is already enabled. seems no facility for SMB scaning.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here