Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FTP not working

Re: FTP not working

Time to putty up mah chinks

I'll tell you what... that guide helped me in the end, from my last edited post I said I would set the path to the folder without \ or / before it... it worked!
    I noticed as well the folder name was Docs and in the path it has to be written exactly like that with the capital D not lowercase. This is my first experience ever with FTP so I was never going to know that but thankfully I do now... not that i'll ever be using FTP again but still.
    Thanks for the help guys

I tend to use Scan to FTP for Kyocera...they can be flakey sometimes on SMB scanning and I'll use FTP as a last resort.

My dance of joy and smug swagger waqs cut very short as I remoted into my customers network earlier, adjusted the path, got them to send a scan and it didn't come through!! I still had 2 copiers in my office set up to it and they both worked still. Exactly the same port, credentials, server and path. So that sucks!
    Not only that but the customer then said within that folder are about 12 more folders, 1 for each individual user. I have no idea how to get to them so for example the server is 192.168.1.200 then the Path is Docs
    So say the next folder is called Test does it go 192.168.1.200 - Path is Docs\Test ? Because I tried with \ then also / . : just to see if those 3 worked all to no avail. In SMB it is just Docs\Test, the backslash lets you go to next level as many times as you want to get to its final destination (good film but off topic)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Quick note on my way out the door. A good way to be sure about the path/syntax is to go the the destination folder, then click up in the address bar, itíll change over to show the correct path. You can right click it and just copy and paste. Wonít have to use all that in FileZilla because youíll just navigate there within the setup. Hope this helps.

Doesn't that just show you the full path if it were in SMB format? FTP doesn't seem to have the normal \\DesktopPC\Folder1\Scans

Technician

You must open port 21 and allow "Program files (x86)\filezilla server\filezilla server.exe" on firewalls....

On the copier address list, if you only have one address, one folder to scan, use / symbol as path

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    We usually just run the Filezilla server on the customer pc...we don't bother with the client.
    Normally, I am using static IP address in SMTP server when using Filezilla server. Is it possible to use the computer name instead of IP address in SMPT server? Can you guide me on how to configure the setup using computer name?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

I just need to know how you go further than 1 subfolder, what the path would be?
    Server: 192.168.1.200
    Path: Docs/user1 or Docs\user1 or something else. Because these don't work. Or would it be...
    Server: 192.168.1.200/Docs
    Path:user1 ??

EDIT - Just figured it out on IIS so that bit is done
    Last edited by JayPaul; 11-05-2019 at 03:46 PM.