Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: MP 3504ex says toner is depleted but it isn't.

maybe the "knocker" was to fix this

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    maybe the "knocker" was to fix this
    Nah..the :knocker" was to break up toner lumps accumulating at the cleaning blade and causing white lines.
    The cause of the flipped augers was allegedly a factory defect in the dev bearings.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Nah..the :knocker" was to break up toner lumps accumulating at the cleaning blade and causing white lines.
    The cause of the flipped augers was allegedly a factory defect in the dev bearings.
    I,m gonna stick with my theory. I also reckon users don't shake the bottles enough also

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Ricoh reckon that it was a faulty dev bearing causing all these issues.
    It was "fixed" in subsequent batches but I've had an issue where a tech went to an '04 twice for the same problem.
    Fitted a complete pcdu the first time (flipped the auger in the sub hopper) and then just the dev and it did the same thing.
    The fix for me has been new dev and new sub hopper and DO NOT do a forced toner (he ran quite a few forced toner:junior tech).
    Let the machine add toner normally.
    Is there any tech bulletin?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Hello again. Thank you for your responses. I actually am a tech...with just about 3 weeks experience and I'm still waiting to attend the Ricoh training courses.
    I just retired from the USAF after 20 years doing networking, phones, cryptos, small computers, and servers. So I do apologize for my newbie question but I don't have the decades of experience most of you on this forum do.

I had 2 days of turn over before the last tech left. Meanwhile I have customers who are, for the most part, at a work stoppage because they have copiers that are broken and I'm doing what I can to fix them. I'm learning as I go and have managed to fix quite a few of them.

I came to this forum when I was looking through the last tech's notebook and found this website with the login information. So I figured I'd give it a shot.

I asked about the 3501 parts fitting 3504 because I don't know what parts are interchangable and what aren't. Plus the only parts I have on hand are for a 3501, so I was hoping that might work without having to order parts.

I've got a slew of problems that I'm working on....307's that aren't recognizing the Cyan toner, a 6001 that won't feed from the 3rd draw (paperless paper jam isses), a 7501 that's leaving a gray band near the bottom of the pages. This 3504 is priority at the moment, because it effects the most users, so I posted about it.

Respones to questions or comments:

Copier Tech: It's the Cyan toner.

Phil B.: Copy Count is 44,136, yes I am using genuine OEM toner. I used an ESD vacuum to clean the machine. There was a large amount of Cyan toner dump when I first arrived. I removed the paper output tray to see the inside to look for any obvious problems. I don't know what else to do, so I posted here. I don't know what CTN is, and I don't have access to the TSRC site without a tech ID.

Slimslob: I will review the installation instructions and see if this might fix it.

Blade: I shook the new toner cartidge like it owed me money.

So in conclusion, to those of you that gave me options and things to try I will, and greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. To those who just want to bust my chops as to whether I'm an end user or a wannabe tech, thank you for wasting my time reading your comments that were 100% useless.

Cheers!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stricky1 View Post
    Hello again. Thank you for your responses. I actually am a tech...with just about 3 weeks experience and I'm still waiting to attend the Ricoh training courses.
    I just retired from the USAF after 20 years doing networking, phones, cryptos, small computers, and servers. So I do apologize for my newbie question but I don't have the decades of experience most of you on this forum do.

I had 2 days of turn over before the last tech left. Meanwhile I have customers who are, for the most part, at a work stoppage because they have copiers that are broken and I'm doing what I can to fix them. I'm learning as I go and have managed to fix quite a few of them.

I came to this forum when I was looking through the last tech's notebook and found this website with the login information. So I figured I'd give it a shot.

I asked about the 3501 parts fitting 3504 because I don't know what parts are interchangable and what aren't. Plus the only parts I have on hand are for a 3501, so I was hoping that might work without having to order parts.

I've got a slew of problems that I'm working on....307's that aren't recognizing the Cyan toner, a 6001 that won't feed from the 3rd draw (paperless paper jam isses), a 7501 that's leaving a gray band near the bottom of the pages. This 3504 is priority at the moment, because it effects the most users, so I posted about it.

Copier Tech: It's the Cyan toner.

Phil B.: Copy Count is 44,136, yes I am using genuine OEM toner. I used an ESD vacuum to clean the machine. There was a large amount of Cyan toner dump when I first arrived. I removed the paper output tray to see the inside to look for any obvious problems. I don't know what else to do, so I posted here. I don't know what CTN is, and I don't have access to the TSRC site without a tech ID.

Slimslob: I will review the installation instructions and see if this might fix it.

Blade: I shook the new toner cartidge like it owed me money.

So in conclusion, to those of you that gave me options and things to try I will, and greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. To those who just want to bust my chops as to whether I'm an end user or a wannabe tech, thank you for wasting my time reading your comments that were 100% useless.

Cheers!
    Welcome in our world!

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    This can happen if the toner system was not properly initialized when first power up. From the installation procedures in the service manual "If the initial toner supply is not performed at installation, and the machine goes to the toner end condition even if the machine has plenty of toner in the toner bottle."

Reviewed the installtion instructions, everything was done correctly. This particular copier has been in place for about a year. As far as I know, this is the first time it's required a toner change. Just not sure as to why it's not recognizing the new toner.

Guess the next step is to do as copier tech and codex recommend and order the hopper and dev unit.

Appreciate the assistance!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP 3504ex says toner is depleted but it isn't.

thank you for wasting my time reading your comments that were 100% useless.
    Cheers!
    CTN= CopyTechNet this site on which you have posted. **NOTE Contributing to CTN might get you a file/manual/better advise than you would otherwise.**

ruffled feathers? we have TONS of End Users... Cheap owners... IT 'gurus' that don't know which of the screwdriver to hold... Yes we question those points to KNOW WHO THE HELL we are dealing with.. and NO I don't always: go to their profile to read qualifications... nor do I scroll back thru the thousands of "Newbie Intro" messages... arrogance will not fair well most of the senior techs here just and FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    CTN= CopyTechNet this site on which you have posted. **NOTE Contributing to CTN might get you a file/manual/better advise than you would otherwise.**

ruffled feathers? we have TONS of End Users... Cheap owners... IT 'gurus' that don't know which of the screwdriver to hold... Yes we question those points to KNOW WHO THE HELL we are dealing with.. and NO I don't always: go to their profile to read qualifications... nor do I scroll back thru the thousands of "Newbie Intro" messages... arrogance will not fair well most of the senior techs here just and FYI

No ruffled feathers, nor looking to ruffle any either....I've been on enough forums in my life to know to be respectful, which I am, and just jabbing back at those that assumed, based on my question alone, they knew all about me and didn't even offer a solution or advice, such as fshead's post.

You asked questions that I answered, so the jab wasn't at you.

As for CTN (now I know what you were refering to), I did search this forum prior to posting and didn't find anything related to the 3504 and toner issues.

Either way I'm looking to make friends here and offer help to others as I gain more experience. I don't have a problem contributing either, and may very well do that in near future.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP 3504ex says toner is depleted but it isn't.

No ruffled feathers, nor looking to ruffle any either....I've been on enough forums in my life to know to be respectful, which I am, and just jabbing back at those that assumed, based on my question alone, they knew all about me and didn't even offer a solution or advice, such as fshead's post.

You asked questions that I answered, so the jab wasn't at you.

As for CTN (now I know what you were refering to), I did search this forum prior to posting and didn't find anything related to the 3504 and toner issues.

Either way I'm looking to make friends here and offer help to others as I gain more experience. I don't have a problem contributing either, and may very well do that in near future.
    Cool.. you'll find every tech asks, what others deem to be dumb, is a valid Q.
    And that the most well informed/trained Tech will have one of those AWWSHIT days. I called tech induced problem " TIP" and I do mark that on service call sheet. And will admit to the customer the meaning of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk