Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC3002 not connecting to network

Re: MPC3002 not connecting to network

charity_configMPC3002.jpg

Here is the config report. And yes I was getting my mac's mixed.
    Slimslob, not sure what is meant about white listed but it sounds like it would be removed or ignored.
    Something that might not show is under the "Host Interface"

for DHCP row at the end of the row in very lite print is the IP address in () 192.168.1.50 Under that is another
    light printed IP address (192.168.1.1).
    The same light print mirrors the sub-net mask.

I did stop by there today and plugged my laptop into the machine. Nothing happened. My laptop did not see the printer
    or the connection. Unless I'm suppose to look somewhere other than the file manager. Usually it would show something.

Also I called Hytec and talked with them and was directed to use program 5801-008 to reset printer defaults. No Good.
    Nothing changed. They seem to think it needs the board.

And no one in the office uses the mac products on this network, if that matters.

Thanks for the help everyone. You make me look good to the customer.

DR

Retired 10,000+ Posts

White list is a list of those devices allowed to access. As an example, when you add an email address to your address book you have white listed it. When you mark an email as SPAM, you have black listed it.

When you connect your laptop to a printer using a network cable, you have to have an IP address on your laptop that is within the subnet mask of the printer. You should then be able to access the printer by IP address in your browser.. It will open what is called, on a Ricoh, the WIM ( Web Image Monitor).

Slimslob,
    Thank you for that explanation, that makes sense. As for the using the IP address in the browser, someone else told me that but because
    I don't usually do this I just didn't remember. Damn it!

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Couple of extra steps but trying to see if we can get your copier running for you.
    Normally in situations like this before I go to the board stage, I connect my laptop via ethernet cable to the wall ethernet port that the machine was connected to. If the internet works then I know that the wire works, port is active and probably that no specific restrictions have been added to the network in terms of allowing or blocking internet access ( as my laptop is working ).

Then what I do is make sure ipv6 is off( if you don't require it then turn it off).

I then select the machine to auto obtain ipv4 And auto obtain the dns as well . Once those 2 steps are done , you exit out and go back in to see that the machine has picked up an IP address. ( If it's just 11.22.33.44 then chances are the board is gone )

Now once you can see the IP address, put that in a web browser as slim mentioned to see if you can see the machine.

Sometime WIM may be restricted or disabled or the browser may block it since it's not HTTPS ( looking at you google chrome) so what you can do is open up command prompt ( windows start key, type cmd and open the program )

Type "Ping IP ADDRESS"

If you get a reply then that means machine is on the network and works.

If you're able to proceed I would reinstall the print driver from scratch and use the new IP address to see if we can get something working.

Keep us posted.
    If it works, don't touch it.

With all due respect sir, but what you need is a training in networking.

Safwat, thank you for your post. I will add this to the file I am keeping.

MarkBbb, yes I need that and probably a whole lot more. And you don't have to call me sir, I work for a living.

Thanks again everyone you are all most helpful.

DR

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

this is how i test printing or scan to folder issue and they tell me copier is bad. I bring a router/ laptop and 2 network cables . set copier to auto obtain. check copier ipv4 address and dns server are set to auto obtain. turn off copier then plug your Ethernet cables into router /computer and copier . plug router in wall first to power up. then turn on copier and computer. remember copier might take two minutes before everything has load properly. now look at machine ipv4 information should see ip address. if not then mostly likely bad network card. then you can added printer to your computer if copier has a ip address and then test print.

Thank you for this post. I'll make a note of it and see if I can do this stuff. I do have a router that I'm not using
    and I have the cables too.

Thanks again

DR

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Connecting a hub, router, or switch to the customer’s network is something you MUST ask permission for before doing so. Lots of companies strictly forbid it.

It should be no biggie in a small office, but ask anyway.

I almost got thrown out of a factory once for connecting a hub when performing a packet capture to troubleshoot a mainframe printing issue. Fortunately I was able to schmooze things over with the IT manager when he saw that I was trying to save them some money on some barcode software. Their switch detected my hub, immediately shut down the port I was plugged in to, and sounded an alarm.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Hi DR,

I noticed that the DHCP is on and the device was getting an IP address (192.168.X.X).
    Check if you can browse the device from any web browser using the detected IP address (192.168.X.X)

If you were able to browse the device, change the port in the printer properties to either the IP address or the Hostname (RicohSuave)
    Aye! Cut the crap