Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC3002 not connecting to network

Re: MPC3002 not connecting to network

Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    Hi DR,

I noticed that the DHCP is on and the device was getting an IP address (192.168.X.X).
    Check if you can browse the device from any web browser using the detected IP address (192.168.X.X)

If you were able to browse the device, change the port in the printer properties to either the IP address or the Hostname (RicohSuave)
    I found that setting it to HostName is best when you have a customer that likes to change his/her internet provider resulting in change the sub net mask. Prevents having to go out every few months and change driver on all their computers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i should had maybe things a little clear. Do not plugged there Ethernet Cable into to router. We are only testing copier to see if it has a problem getting ip information from our router. I would say if he has little IT experience and not comfortable to do this, Have there IT person assist found most pretty good about helping.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thank you for all this advice. Today I will go and apply all the notes I've taken. I'll let everyone know the results.

DR

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well, today I tried to set things up as instructed. I had trouble doing this, but I did get a hold of another IT tech and he helped me get them printing.
    He will stop by in the morning and get them scanning.

He talked me through some settings. I do have the IPv6 turned off. On the machine I changed the the IPv4 IP address to a static setting.
    then pinged it from the customers computer. Entered the new IP address and ran a test page that came out good. Set the Ricoh as the default printer
    for all three computers. And I do believe they have a server. In another room I saw an equipment stack.

I will use these notes to see if I can set up a simple network in my office. I only have a printer so it shouldn't be to hard for me. After that I will look
    for a copier.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I see it is time for me to contribute to the cause again.

DR

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

glad you were able to get it working