Thread: MPC3000 SC995

Junior Member sacramentobuzzard's Avatar

MPC3000 SC995

Hey everyone, I have an MPC3000 that went down for seemingly no reason. A coworker moved this machine to replace a toner clutch and then the screen went black. I was asked to finish the repair and "just make it work".

I removed all of the boards from the back to check for burnt circuitry and blown fuses. I didn't find anything like that but I did find the ribbon cable extending from the IOB to the BiCU was not fully connected and the green spacer thing had fallen off due to the age of the adhesive I assume. I fixed this with tape and was sure to leave the ribbon pins exposed. When I reinstalled everything, the screen came back! SC995, control board mismatch. After searching on copytechnet, I found multiple threads regarding this. Found posts about checking fuse R59 (R is resistor...so I'm confused by the advice). I removed everything and found resistor R59 on 2 boards. Checked for continuity and funky board smells and visual burns. blah blah blah.

Reinstalled boards and now the screen is black again.

This is the board that was installed when the machine was functional. That is why I decided to create a new thread, as I don't believe that this is the same exact issue as what has been posted before. I checked SP5882 and that was on 1 and I set it to 0. Hopefully that didnt fudge anything up by changing that. I checked Cipher's page and copytechnet will not let me load posts past 3 weeks old on tapatalk or on desktop copytechnet. I read that he had a helpful (and free) solution, and I would love to check it out. I'm not sure what his solution involves, but if it allows for a swapped board, I may have access to such a thing.

What is this fuse people are talking about? Does anyone have any advice? I also heard about NVRAM data..... I'm not sure how to get the loadable version or even how to load it.

I worked on Ricoh exclusively for 5 years, but I'm afraid that my knowledge and memory is getting antiquated as I repair konica almost exclusively these days. I hope that there is simply something I'm forgetting.

I'd really love some help with this. I would be so grateful to hear your input.

Re: MPC3000 SC995

I forgot to mention, when the screen first came back, there was J001 but the trays and paper path were clean and clear. rebooted a few times and checked the harnesses. the screen came back every time until I removed all of the boards again to look for the fuse/resistor.

Is there a red error light showing or the machine "seems" to come to ready but the panel is dark?
    Did you search the forums for "dark screen" ?
    This series of machines had an error where the polygon mirror motor would blow a component on the BICU(the fuse that has been referred to) and the fault would be a "dark screen" but if you either shone a torch on the panel or logged into the WIM you'll see that there is an SC202 hiding.
    The fuse is a soldered fuse on the BICU.

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Is there a red error light showing or the machine "seems" to come to ready but the panel is dark?
    This series of machines had an error where the polygon mirror motor would blow a component on the BICU(the fuse that has been referred to) and the fault would be a "dark screen" but if you either shone a torch on the panel or logged into the WIM you'll see that there is an SC202 hiding.

Black screen does not have backlight or alert light. It looks like it’s in low power mode.

So I know exactly which fuse that is now that you say it’s soldered. My boss was talking about replacing the customers equipment last night. I’ll attempt to replace that fuse. Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC3000 SC995

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post

+1 on this. Have seen it many times. If you get a flash light and shine it at the dark screen at a certain angle you'll barely see the SC code on the screen.
    Some times we have gotten away with just the mirror motor, but most times, you need to do mirror motor and BICU as a set (can be a used BICU from a donor machine).
    Also check that the green ground wire from the right-hand door to machine frame isn't broken. Have seen this a couple times also.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Might as well check your polygon motor. Sometimes it gets affected too.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We have 2 issues here for black screen.
    1) The most common. Polygon motor fails and taking the BiCu board with it. As other said if you use a torch on the display or use WIM you'll see SC202. Repair the board by replacing the 0Ohm resistor named R157 near the power supply of Bicu (See picture)
    2. White ribbon Cable that connects IOB (located behind the power supply) and Bicu is loose. In this case you'll see only the main green light on but no motor will move.

And the problem for SC995 is sn mismatch wich can be fixed by replacing the R59 soldered Fuse on the IOB

20191107_131652_resized.jpg