Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh 5100 pro codes

I am wondering if anyone can walk us through some problems here. I have given Ricoh 5100 PRO and have spent $3500 so far yet problems persist. I am tired of having them in only to have the same codes blow over and over again. I'm no tech so I come here seeking help. Continually blows 374-02 code, then 919-00 and takes a while for it to connect to the fiery. 899 -00 code comes now and then as we as SC 402-52. Any help appreciated, renumeration will be offered. Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100 pro codes

Re: Ricoh 5100 pro codes

SC 374-02 is the Cyan ID sensor pattern low density. Could be under toned or after market toner, developer or drum.

SC 919 has to do with communication with the Fiery. Make sure that the Fiery has completely booted before turning on the Pro C5100.

SC 899 is a software performance error. Hire a trained and authorized to determine if it is die to a hardware failure and replace said hardware or a software problem and update/reflash all firmware.

SC 402 unknown for this model.

As for the Fiery, if you do not wish to use it or you do not have the CD set needed to reinstall should the HDD in the Fiery fail, I would suggest disabling and removing it.
    1. Change SP 5193-001 to 0. This tells the C5100 that there is no external controller
    2. Change SP 5895-001 to 0. This turns the internal GW controller print function back on.
    3. Check SP 5895-002. If it is 1, the Fiery was used for scanning also. Change it back to 0.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100 pro codes

SC402 is a problem with Cyan

SC402-52 D Development gamma calculation error: Insufficient data (C)

Technician

[QUOTE=slimslob;947244]SC 374-02 is the Cyan ID sensor pattern low density. Could be under toned or after market toner, developer or drum.

SC 919 has to do with communication with the Fiery. Make sure that the Fiery has completely booted before turning on the Pro C5100.

SC 899 is a software performance error. Hire a trained and authorized to determine if it is die to a hardware failure and replace said hardware or a software problem and update/reflash all firmware.

SC 402 unknown for this model.

As for the Fiery, if you do not wish to use it or you do not have the CD set needed to reinstall should the HDD in the Fiery fail, I would suggest disabling and removing it.
    1. Change SP 5193-001 to 0. This tells the C5100 that there is no external controller
    2. Change SP 5895-001 to 0. This turns the internal GW controller print function back on.
    3. Check SP 5895-002. If it is 1, the Fiery was used for scanning also. Change it back to 0.

I changed the drum and it works thank you, stopped the 374-02 code and prints better. Still getting SC 402-52 occasionally but goes away after reboot.
    Another thing it does now and then is covers the entire sheet with a light blue, like a milky cyan but that goes away on its own if I reboot the copier a few times. They can't seem to find that any ideas?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100 pro codes

You might be getting a build up of waste toner and lubricant dust on top of the cleaning blade.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You might be getting a build up of waste toner and lubricant dust on top of the cleaning blade.
    As I await service to come in I have been offered a Ricoh Aficio 830 DN with a booklet maker. Can you offer any advice on this? Is it within its service life? Recommended for a print shop? Service takes too long to get here in PEI Canada and I need to keep things rolling. Do you know the value of a machine like this with a booklet finisher? Has a total of 400,000 copies 1/2 being colour and 1/2 being black and white. Thanks in advance for the advice. You've been a great help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you are running a print shop with high expectations get something new with good service backup.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    If you are running a print shop with high expectations get something new with good service backup.
    I would do just that but the service here is fair to poor. $150 an hour is a high price to pay when they don't fix the problems and my confidence in the service team isn't there. Downfall of being in the Maritime I suppose. Wondering if there is a way to get the discs to reload the fiery? I'm getting freezing now and then and thought perhaps it needs a fresh install? The problems I was having with Cyan have gone and now same problems with Magenta. Its toning the entire sheet in Magenta. That was the reason I called RICOH for service in the first place. Here I am $3600.00 poorer and the problem persists now in another colour. Sure wish I could get this figured out.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Fiery recovery media comes with the fiery. If the media becomes lost or damaged it is ordered as a service part. To the best of my knowledge neither EFI nor Ricoh offer recovery images for free.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 5100 pro codes

sounds overdue for a maintenance contract?