Question Ricoh mp c4504 jamming

Paper jam location sp7504-67 shows 62 jams at -100 Entrance Sensor. Cant find in book where this sensor is! the machine has a 3hole punch and internal finisher and the paper stops and is fan folded at the exit of the 3 hole punch going into the finisher. I would like to test this sensor to see if it is operating properly. Should i be looking in the finisher or the 3 hole punch. Also what sp could i use to test the sensor. Firm ware Version is 1.07. If any one has seen this before I would apprecieate any advice on the repairs. Also if i knew where it is i can research what is driving the paper and where the stall is happening.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp c4504 jamming

My experience with this issue: look at the entrance guide and see if it’s bent. This will cause the paper to enter the ouch unit at an incorrect angle. Check the punch unit to see if there are any chads inside the punch times. Sensors very rarely go on Ricoh’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp c4504 jamming

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Paper jam location sp7504-67 shows 62 jams at -100 Entrance Sensor. Cant find in book where this sensor is! the machine has a 3hole punch and internal finisher and the paper stops and is fan folded at the exit of the 3 hole punch going into the finisher. I would like to test this sensor to see if it is operating properly. Should i be looking in the finisher or the 3 hole punch. Also what sp could i use to test the sensor. Firm ware Version is 1.07. If any one has seen this before I would apprecieate any advice on the repairs. Also if i knew where it is i can research what is driving the paper and where the stall is happening.
    manuals for the accessories are NOT in the main SM you need the one for that piece

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp c4504 jamming

Jam J067 logged in SP 7504-67 is a duplex entrance trail edge jam. More than likely the feeler, PN D2024673 is binding and not releasing at the end of the paper.

If you meant SP 7504-100 then that is the finisher entrance late. That means that the paper did not reach the entrance sensor in time. Normally the sensor is before the punch on an external finisher but with the internal sensor the punch is added upstream from the duplex entrance. I would look for an individual punch sticking on release. This is a common problem on punch units on production units. On production they need to be cleaned every few million pages. I usually clean with contact cleaned.

FYI Location of sensors is shown in the C4504 service. The detail description of the internal internal finisher.
    Last edited by slimslob; 11-13-2019 at 01:48 AM.