Senior Tech 250+ Posts

5210 ADF Adjustment

I for the life of me cannot figure out how to adjust the top to bottom registration of the second page while copying through the adf on a 1 to 2 sided document on the 5210. Any help?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: 5210 ADF Adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I for the life of me cannot figure out how to adjust the top to bottom registration of the second page while copying through the adf on a 1 to 2 sided document on the 5210. Any help?

I had issues wth a that series on a guy who did all double sided scanning.
    I ended up cleaning all rollers wth wd 40 especially thes that release when you open the lid..they get real dirty and the ones
    with the sponge on the side on the exit..
    I ve only had to adj lead edge via sp 6??? something to fine tune..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I had issues wth a that series on a guy who did all double sided scanning.
    I ended up cleaning all rollers wth wd 40 especially thes that release when you open the lid..they get real dirty and the ones
    with the sponge on the side on the exit..
    I ve only had to adj lead edge via sp 6??? something to fine tune..
    Thanks man...Yea ive never had a machine give me more headaches when trying to get everything straight.

The first thing i have to do before anything is actually get it to feed straight, and for that i take the 2 screws off of the right adf hinge and move it, and sometimes that still isn't enough. Then i go through the sp 6xxxx and can get a one sided copy about perfect with the trimming edge. And 2 sided - 2 sided also is fine. But when i try to make an adjustment for 1-2 sided it doesn't work. I mananged to get the left to right somewhat adjust (though not fine tuned) through copier features in user tools...however still no luck with top to bottom. I feel like ive tried everything and the top is still getting cut off.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

That feeder is the same as the mpc300/mpc401 and it is a little cheap with the hinge design..
    I always find if i close the lid i can always see there is always some play..
    Like you I fudge settings to make it past what the customer needs..But I do knowthe 2 rollers above slit glass get real funky and
    I run test motor mode with paper between them wth wd 40 and a lot of black comes off..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    That feeder is the same as the mpc300/mpc401 and it is a little cheap with the hinge design..
    I always find if i close the lid i can always see there is always some play..
    Like you I fudge settings to make it past what the customer needs..But I do knowthe 2 rollers above slit glass get real funky and
    I run test motor mode with paper between them wth wd 40 and a lot of black comes off..
    Oh cool idea...thanks man ill give it a shot. I appreciate it

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    5210 ADF Adjustment

ADF adjustments can be a bitch. They can be even worse if you do not adjust from the platen glass first.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    ADF adjustments can be a bitch. They can be even worse if you do not adjust from the platen glass first.

Absolutely...i always start with the tray...to the glass...to the adf