Thread: MP c5504 No USB

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP c5504 No USB

MP c5504 No USB

Hiya, I have a machine that has the usual USB slot in the control panel for the customer to print from or to scan too if required and on this one machine, the USB does not show. I have made sure the USB is Active on the control panel. Am I missing something? I have looked in Scan too and it only shows the HDD or in Print from storage it does not appear either. They have another machine the same and it works on that so its not the USB sticks we have tried.

Thanks loads, Tim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP c5504 No USB

Re: MP c5504 No USB

Are you putting the SD card in first and then going to the print or scan screen? Had a library call in about this a few weeks ago.
    Had her go to the print or scan screen FIRST, then hit "Print from memory storage device", THEN insert the card, and it should show up. Kind of weird, but that's how we've gotten it to work.

Technician

Do they have the media slot disabled in Web Image Monitor?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there1
    FrhonB is right, it only runs this way.
    Greetings...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP c5504 No USB

In older models that did not have the SOP you had to install the USB2.0/SD Card Slot option. Part of that was change Scanner SP1013-001 from "0" to "1" and/or Printer SP1110-001 from "0" to "1". With the SOP those can be used to disable the USB slot on the panel.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP c5504 No USB

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Are you putting the SD card in first and then going to the print or scan screen? Had a library call in about this a few weeks ago.
    Had her go to the print or scan screen FIRST, then hit "Print from memory storage device", THEN insert the card, and it should show up. Kind of weird, but that's how we've gotten it to work.
    Boy, I am glad you posted this. I just last week had someone bring to my attention that a 6503 could not scan to a usb flash drive, and this was why. Mucho thanks.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP c5504 No USB

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In older models that did not have the SOP you had to install the USB2.0/SD Card Slot option. Part of that was change Scanner SP1013-001 from "0" to "1" and/or Printer SP1110-001 from "0" to "1". With the SOP those can be used to disable the USB slot on the panel.
    hiya. I looked at the panel today and they were both on 1 as and active and still didn’t work so still scratching my head on this one. I have downloaded the latest firmware package and will try it tomorrow assuming the Sd card reader works at the back controller. Pleased it’s helped some one else so thanks slim.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Tim is it not recognizing a USB or SD card at all? I had a CW2200 that wouldn't recognize one after I knew it did previously having tested on said machine before. In the End after backing up NVRAM first I went through each memory clear one at a time because an all clear did fix it. I reloaded NVram then systematically cleared each memory and reloaded NVRam each time to determine which worked Turned out the fix was clearing the SRM (system Resource Manager) Memory SP 5801-18 and wala it can see the USB again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP c5504 No USB

trying reformatting the usb drive. if its ntfs i would try fat32. and the files usually have to be .jpg or pdf. i know you mentioned it worked on another machine, but that is something to try. i have had mine work before on one and not the other.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had this problem on a 03 color machine. Turned out that the problem was that the copper connectors was bent down due to the end users jamming their usb sticks in over and over again. Took it all apart and reshaped the connector..all is working.