Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Have 2 brand new HP PC's with Windows 10 Pro 64, feature release 1903, installed using Windows Media Creation Tool. They will not print to the Lanier MP CW2200. Basic Windows Print Test Page errors out or result in a paper jam message, as does PDF print jobs. The data light will flash at the Lanier and the job acts like it's processing, but after some time, the data light stops and the job just disappears; we're not implementing the User Code authentication feature. Spent much time with a Lanier guru out of Atlanta and was able to make paper come out, but it comes out blank or with a 'syntax' error. Have done resets and updated all firmware for the engine, network, etc. Older computers in the building with Windows 7 print just fine..it's only these two new systems, but these new systems print to other network printers just fine. I'm using the correct driver, correct IP address (I have 30 years experience in IT). My thought is perhaps there is some incompatibility with these brand new 10 systems and the Lanier MP CW2200. Has anyone encountered this or otherwise similar issue?

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,684
    Rep Power
    103

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by ilivetocollate View Post
    Have 2 brand new HP PC's with Windows 10 Pro 64, feature release 1903, installed using Windows Media Creation Tool. They will not print to the Lanier MP CW2200. Basic Windows Print Test Page errors out or result in a paper jam message, as does PDF print jobs. The data light will flash at the Lanier and the job acts like it's processing, but after some time, the data light stops and the job just disappears; we're not implementing the User Code authentication feature. Spent much time with a Lanier guru out of Atlanta and was able to make paper come out, but it comes out blank or with a 'syntax' error. Have done resets and updated all firmware for the engine, network, etc. Older computers in the building with Windows 7 print just fine..it's only these two new systems, but these new systems print to other network printers just fine. I'm using the correct driver, correct IP address (I have 30 years experience in IT). My thought is perhaps there is some incompatibility with these brand new 10 systems and the Lanier MP CW2200. Has anyone encountered this or otherwise similar issue?
    well really more info needed:
    what size/type of paper does the computer says is in the tray.. same on copier..

    I take you are printing via enet cat 5e or 6..
    are there lights on the Lanier NIC card?

    what are the print/network settings on the PC's?



    look in your printers/devices..

    click on the printer you just installed

    find out what driver was installed

    if it is a WSD go to Lanier website and get the Lanier driver for your machine

    install / test

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well really more info needed:
    what size/type of paper does the computer says is in the tray.. same on copier..

    I take you are printing via enet cat 5e or 6..
    are there lights on the Lanier NIC card?

    what are the print/network settings on the PC's?



    look in your printers/devices..

    click on the printer you just installed

    find out what driver was installed

    if it is a WSD go to Lanier website and get the Lanier driver for your machine

    install / test
    The Lanier and PC set to use 24x36 from Roll/Tray 1

    Using CAT5e and there is an amber light on the Lanier NIC

    Print/network settings are Standard TCP/IP port, not using WSD. Protocol is Raw; port is 9100; SNMP is enabled.

    Driver is Postscript3 driver version 1.3.0.0 for Windows 10 64 bit

  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Power
    223

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    I would advise that you double check that some type of user authentication is not implemented. The data light flashing and then no print is the classic symptom of an authentication violation. Syntax error usually is a driver problem. Check the error log on the Print Function screen as it may give some additional information. Also what software are you using. I have encountered cases where it was necessary to install Ghostscript on the computer. This is often the case when they are trying to print construction diagrams downloaded from the internet as those diagrams a often generated with Ghostscript.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I would advise that you double check that some type of user authentication is not implemented. The data light flashing and then no print is the classic symptom of an authentication violation. Syntax error usually is a driver problem. Check the error log on the Print Function screen as it may give some additional information. Also what software are you using. I have encountered cases where it was necessary to install Ghostscript on the computer. This is often the case when they are trying to print construction diagrams downloaded from the internet as those diagrams a often generated with Ghostscript.
    I've verified that user authentication is not being used. The error log has nothing in it. The software being used is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Chrome, Edge, and the Windows Print Test Page. I replaced two other computers this past July that do not need to print to the Lanier. As a test, I loaded the driver and am getting the same result as the two brand new systems I put in a few days ago. These systems have the commonality that they all started with the 1903 version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I setup one of the old Windows 7 systems to share its Lanier and I can print that way, but it is painfully slow.

    This is interesting: On the old Windows 7 systems that work without issue, I can print a Windows Print Test Page quickly. I notice the job size reported in the 'See What's Printing' queue window is '6.00MB/9.00MB' and disappears quickly. On the new systems replaced a few days ago and others this past July, the size is '5.99MB/5.99MB' and sits there until it bombs out. The new systems are all HP EliteDesk 800's with 8GB RAM and 256SSD, and, for the sake of perspective, work flawlessly for all the other functions they perform; running apps, printing to the Canon iR-ADV C3325 via ethernet, etc.

    On another note, I am thankful and appreciative of the help here....

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    totoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Is the firmware up to date? Wasn't there something about setting the paper type to the one like " no display " ? I thought it was a glitch in the 2200 that they fixed in the 2201.
    Totoro

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Is the firmware up to date? Wasn't there something about setting the paper type to the one like " no display " ? I thought it was a glitch in the 2200 that they fixed in the 2201.
    Firmware has been updated for all of the component areas; engine, network, etc.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,004
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    How about trying a different IP Address?
    Enable DHCP on the machine and then use the IP address that the machine settles on.
    I've done 2 installations in the past 6 months or so where I upgraded machines with basically newer versions of their previous one. I initially used the IP address of the previous unit, which is what I typically do and often don't even bother installing the specific drivers. But in these cases none of the PC's would print even with the proper driver installed. I tried PCL 5, Pcl 6 and even the dreaded universal driver. Only when I enabled DHCP, and then locked in the IP address that the machine chose, would it print.
    Very strange, and I have no explanation for it.
    Worth a try......

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    How about trying a different IP Address?
    Enable DHCP on the machine and then use the IP address that the machine settles on.
    I've done 2 installations in the past 6 months or so where I upgraded machines with basically newer versions of their previous one. I initially used the IP address of the previous unit, which is what I typically do and often don't even bother installing the specific drivers. But in these cases none of the PC's would print even with the proper driver installed. I tried PCL 5, Pcl 6 and even the dreaded universal driver. Only when I enabled DHCP, and then locked in the IP address that the machine chose, would it print.
    Very strange, and I have no explanation for it.
    Worth a try......
    I'll try that specific approach. I did set a static IP to test with, to no avail, but it wasn't the DHCP assigned address....Thanks.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lanier MP CW2200 not printing from brand new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by ilivetocollate View Post
    I'll try that specific approach. I did set a static IP to test with, to no avail, but it wasn't the DHCP assigned address....Thanks.
    I tried the previous suggestion to no avail....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here