Print to C5110s with E-22B Fiery

I purchased a used machine and do not know how to connect it as a printer. It came with a fiery, but I do not know how to connect it. I connected the C5110S directly to the network and am able to see it on the computer and configure it from browser. On the panel, it does not have a printer option. It just has copier, scanner, and document server. When I add it to windows and try to print, if always fails. Is this because it doesn't have a printer option? Also, both the machine and the fiery have 2 ethernet ports. Do I connect both fiery (with crossover cable) and network to the copier? Do I connect fiery to copier and then fiery to network? If so, how do I configure the ip on the fiery controller? Also also, is there a way to add the printer option to the machine?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Re: Print to C5110s with E-22B Fiery

This is a tech forum, my advice is you call a certified Ricoh service engineer.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Like Zaxxon said, please call a trained professional, and protect your investment.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts

As long as the fiery is present and all the SP changes made when it was first installed, the fiery is the Printer Option. As this is a Production machine you will need to have in your possession at least the service manual for the Pro C5110s and, as it is not included in the mainframe manual, the service and installation manual for the E-22B. There a number of SP settings changed when installing the Fiery. Some of those turn off the GW print and scan functions of the mainframe. Those changes will need to be returned to their defaults.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Like Zaxxon said, please call a trained professional, and protect your investment.
    I agree. Fiery is definitely not something you want to fool around with if you don't know what you are doing. For technicians, the Fiery alone is a separate week long training class and it takes special care to setup properly..

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioL View Post
    I purchased a used machine and do not know how to connect it as a printer. It came with a fiery, but I do not know how to connect it. I connected the C5110S directly to the network and am able to see it on the computer and configure it from browser. On the panel, it does not have a printer option. It just has copier, scanner, and document server. When I add it to windows and try to print, if always fails. Is this because it doesn't have a printer option? Also, both the machine and the fiery have 2 ethernet ports. Do I connect both fiery (with crossover cable) and network to the copier? Do I connect fiery to copier and then fiery to network? If so, how do I configure the ip on the fiery controller? Also also, is there a way to add the printer option to the machine?
    As others have said you will need to get a tech to correctly set this up for you.

But in short if you have connected the fiery up correctly you should see the fiery icon on the home screen.

Press the fiery icon from here you can configure the network settings.

Password by default is Fiery.1

You can however remove the fiery & print like a regular copier but again you will need a tech to disable this etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk