Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: Problem MPC4503 in papel SRA3 to 250gms

OK, it's already fixed in all posts, it didn't want to create problems with the topic of "external links" to the forum, in case these could be blocked.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Problem MPC4503 in papel SRA3 to 250gms

What i forgot to mention: This Model had a lot of Firmware issues, sure, that your Firmware is the latest and greatest?
    Try a lower Resolution, does the error disappear?

OK, it's already fixed in all posts, it didn't want to create problems with the topic of "external links" to the forum, in case these could be blocked.
    Its fine for me, now i can see the error. This has not to do with the Fuser, IMHO its a Problem in the Transfer region, caused due to Vibrations. There was a Technical Report for this, try
    SP1-801-133/134/135 , change values from -20 to -280, after that sp2-111-004 engage
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
    What i forgot to mention: This Model had a lot of Firmware issues, sure, that your Firmware is the latest and greatest?
    Try a lower Resolution, does the error disappear?

Its fine for me, now i can see the error. This has not to do with the Fuser, IMHO its a Problem in the Transfer region, caused due to Vibrations. There was a Technical Report for this, try
    SP1-801-133/134/135 , change values from -20 to -280, after that sp2-111-004 engage
    I appreciate this information very much, partner.
    In the "Technical Bulletins" of Spain there is nothing to reference this defect and that consulting with brothers in arms, in this forum and was able to save more of a problem.

I hope that the Technical Department of Spain will stop marketing to sell and do more to give better attention to its distributors and authorized technicians.
    I will test what you have told me, as a data, all the models that we install, we do it with the latest firmware published by RICOH.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Victory!!!
    Problem solved, although in printing with saturated mass, you can still see some "pandeo". But nothing to do with the main problem.
    My sincere thanks to all.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Problem MPC4503 in papel SRA3 to 250gms

May I ask?: How did you fix it? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    May I ask?: How did you fix it? =^..^=
    It was thanks to the response of fellow Herrmann.
    But one detail, not "-20" and "-280", is actually "-0.20" and "-2.80", this ifire for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Victory!!!
    Problem solved, although in printing with saturated mass, you can still see some "pandeo". But nothing to do with the main problem.
    My sincere thanks to all.
    Good Companions.
    The first thing to apologize for resurrecting this post, since I again suffer problems with this model and with a failure similar to the one I presented in its first moment.
    Any work that is done above 200gr. of paper, generates a defect in the printing, in the link that you provide in the beginning, I update the samples with arrows indicating the output of said paper, with respect to the device. Sheets of paper of lower weight have been tested, and defects are not generated.
    Obviously there must be a relationship between the weight and that this (the paper) exceeds in width that of A4. Being in the formats A4-R and A3 with weights greater than 200gr. where this strange defect is generated.

CASO COPISTERIA - Google Drive

The model is TOTALLY updated firmware, and remain the parameters that in its day the companion provided.
    The worst thing is that this client is in an unfavorable attitude, and possibly refuses to pay for maintenance if a solution to this failure is not found. Again, thank you for any help.

P.S: The position of such a defect is always at the same distance. So defects in the Transfer Band are ruled out (it was already changed at the time with the first post of this thread), Fusion Rollers, or the Image Units, for being something that affects the whole.
    Last edited by UNICORNico; 10-25-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Good Companions.
    The first thing to apologize for resurrecting this post, since I again suffer problems with this model and with a failure similar to the one I presented in its first moment.
    Any work that is done above 200gr. of paper, generates a defect in the printing, in the link that you provide in the beginning, I update the samples with arrows indicating the output of said paper, with respect to the device. Sheets of paper of lower weight have been tested, and defects are not generated.
    Obviously there must be a relationship between the weight and that this (the paper) exceeds in width that of A4. Being in the formats A4-R and A3 with weights greater than 200gr. where this strange defect is generated.

CASO COPISTERIA - Google Drive

The model is TOTALLY updated firmware, and remain the parameters that in its day the companion provided.
    The worst thing is that this client is in an unfavorable attitude, and possibly refuses to pay for maintenance if a solution to this failure is not found. Again, thank you for any help.

P.S: The position of such a defect is always at the same distance. So defects in the Transfer Band are ruled out (it was already changed at the time with the first post of this thread), Fusion Rollers, or the Image Units, for being something that affects the whole.
    For those who may be interested.
    The defect is due to a failure in the damping of the Secondary Transfer Roller.
    I explain, if this damping (reference: D149-6242) is not replaced, it degenerates that in folios of great weight, the vibration motivates, this defect.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Dear Technical Colleagues:

The defect is generated (although in my opinion it is how it is best detected) from works done in 250g "A3 Plus" (SRA3) format. At the end of the writing I will provide images of the defect, in some it is marked. Unfortunately since the "Ricoh Technical Assistance in Spain" do not know how to give us any viable solution to this defect.

Different printing tests have been carried out, starting from the options that the specific drivers (PCL 6 for updated MP C4503 model, from the RICOH website), such as "Thick Paper 3" and "Thick Paper 4", selecting maximum pixel quality "4800 x 1200 DPI", to favor favor favor a slower pace through the device. The defect is only appreciated as a decrease in single print if the device has an "x" period of inactivity in use, but null in multiple printing (more than 1 print) the defect became more visible, and this rule was not always met.

Despite the tests carried out, it was detected that the defect was not only in blue tones but in the rest of the colors.

The defect has symmetry in all tests performed, despite variations in the composition of the image or file used for them, either in "bypass" or in the relevant drawer with the pre-configured configuration, for said type of paper.
    All detailed configurations are required by specific work requirements that the customer requires, since with "conventional" weight paper (80g) with different sizes (A4, A3 and A3+) this defect is not presented. Except when performing the "Printer Mode" test pattern from "SP Mode".

SUBSTITUTED PARTS:
    -CIAN Drum Unit
    -CIAN Reveal Unit
    -Black Reveal Unit
    -Fusion Unit (Fuser Fixin Film)
    -Transfer Unit (Full)
    -Laser unit (including polygonal motor)

EXTERNAL SETTINGS:
    -Surge in the springs of the fusion system
    -Lowering the tension of the springs of the fusion system
    -Color calibration parameters settings

https://drive.google . com/drive/folders/1oVhQZJvS76nMKIx_S3Bb1_cU6p2Blh5y?usp=sharing

We appreciate any help or possibility to rule out this problem since by different inquiries, it seems to be a degenerative problem in this model, and as the age is increasing.
    A cordial greeting.
    Ciao, try to show us, some single full color page prints via sp, and via word, excel...or whatever you want..I don't remember which is the sp, now i'm home, check the SM
    Last edited by luca72; 10-29-2021 at 09:54 AM.