Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    29

    scan to a emailserver from client

    Hello,
    When a customer has a email-server we always had there IT department connects the printer to it.
    But
    we now have a customer with a subcontracting IT'er who don't seem to know how to do this.
    I think the SMTP server = the IP address from the mailserver
    Are there any other adjustments / settings that needs to be put in?
    Thank you in advance!!!

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    scan to a emailserver from client

    mansart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client


  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Why do you think i am a user?
    I'm asking for what to put in the SMTP to get it connect with a email server.
    Perhaps there are more settings to be done, i don't know.
    Anyone?

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    scan to a emailserver from client

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Why do you think i am a user?
    I'm asking for what to put in the SMTP to get it connect with a email server.
    Perhaps there are more settings to be done, i don't know.
    Anyone?

    DNS Address needs to be correct. You can always try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS settings)

    Input the SMTP Server Name ...press the "Test Connection" button.

    If it fails, check the SMTP Port number (check with email provider for correct port- 465 for SSL/587 for TLS)

    Correct SMTP Login credentials (User/Password)

    ...that's about it.

  5. #5
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,978
    Rep Power
    223

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    If it is an in house Microsoft Exchange Server, using the IP address of the server. That is unless MS has screwed everything over with security updates.

    In house Exchange Server are normally a part of a Domain. For a Domain, the Primary DNS needs to be the Primary Domain DNS, the Domain on the MFP needs to be exactly correct or the server in the domain might not recognize the MFP as part of the domain. I have had this as a problem with scan to folders where one typo and that machine could not scan.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hello,
    When a customer has a email-server we always had there IT department connects the printer to it.
    But
    we now have a customer with a subcontracting IT'er who don't seem to know how to do this.
    I think the SMTP server = the IP address from the mailserver
    Are there any other adjustments / settings that needs to be put in?
    Thank you in advance!!!
    The customer has to provide the right settings, if they donít know, how could other???
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Must TLS SSL be active and filled in?

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Must TLS SSL be active and filled in?
    Most likely one of them, yes, and must be set active and filled in with the port. I haven't come across any email servers recently that use no encryption.

    However as others already said it really depends on the email server they are using. Can you say if it's an inhouse mail server like exchange or an external one? From there you get the details like server ip/names and encryption/ports that you need to enter.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    scan to a emailserver from client

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,004
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hello,
    When a customer has a email-server we always had there IT department connects the printer to it.
    But
    we now have a customer with a subcontracting IT'er who don't seem to know how to do this.
    I know this is not helpful to resolve the problem, but honestly, if their so-called "IT provider" can't fill in the appropriate information from the "Email" page of the WIM, they're in big trouble, because it's no different than manually configuring an email account in a PC mail program.
    It's actually easier, because it ONLY requires the Outgoing settings; However, you've not provided the model number, so if it's an old unit, it may not support Encryption, so that will limit some of the options for configuration.
    Just my 2 cents.

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: scan to a emailserver from client

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I know this is not helpful to resolve the problem, but honestly, if their so-called "IT provider" can't fill in the appropriate information from the "Email" page of the WIM, they're in big trouble, because it's no different than manually configuring an email account in a PC mail program.
    It's actually easier, because it ONLY requires the Outgoing settings; However, you've not provided the model number, so if it's an old unit, it may not support Encryption, so that will limit some of the options for configuration.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Sandy, it's a mpc2003. There IT'er is pissed off because customer has choosen for us, not for him (he also sels printers)
    It's always the same old song with these IT guys, isn't it

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here