Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thumbs up RICOH MP 2501SP - URGENT .

Print proble in front back black background . Drum, cleaning blade and developer and new transfer roller. All original ricoh. Machine counter 30,000 total.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

Re: RICOH MP 2501SP - URGENT .

This machine model has given me many image quality problems, especially clear copies without definition with original spare parts. What you are saying if you have changed all that seems to be more a problem of charge than transfer. Change charge roller and clean contacts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP 2501SP - URGENT .

1) send a photo with the sample
    2) Have you replaced with original spare parts? if not at least the drum charge roller leaves the original, I assure you that used is better than compatible. Have you replaced the developer?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP 2501SP - URGENT .

did you initialize the developer without the toner hopper inserted? original toner?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Did you use the D158 developer?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: RICOH MP 2501SP - URGENT .

Hello. original spare parts. the car is new.clean all. same problem.the prints come out dirty especially in front retro.i set sp2996-001 to 1- same prblema- and sp-2301-004 and 003 - same problem.Hello

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Yes, but did you use the D158 developer?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Post Re: RICOH MP 2501SP - URGENT .

Try this way, Set transfer roller current adjustments you have done to defaults. remove toner supply unit. take some sky shot copies until you get good copy without dark back side. then reinitilize developer setting(2801). put toner inside & take some copies. compare values in 2220- 3 &4. (values should be close to each other). If toner still adding after some copies, increase value in 2926 (default=2.50) & reinitialize developer again. later time you can set it to default.
    Hope this copier work perfectly before replacements.otherwise we have to check some more settings..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tullio View Post
    Print proble in front back black background . Drum, cleaning blade and developer and new transfer roller. All original ricoh. Machine counter 30,000 total.

hello, I know that problem very well, one happens to me a every two week, we have many mp2501.unfortunately I have found that this classic problem can be generated by various causes, as someone suggested, take the toner and the dust well from behind the cleaning blade,and the waste duct, clean well the charging roller, and now you can try to make some dark prints without a toner revolver inserted in the machine, so it lean a little bit, when the quality become normal, and then if the developer is not too old you can reinitialize it again, clean / replace the transfer roller that by working this way you will be dirtied, active cleaning transfer roller, the cycles you choose as you prefer I am on 20- 30.
    2) sometimes it is enough to replace only the developer.
    3) sometimes it is enough to just replace the transfer roller
    4) it happened to me that despite all the new consumables the problem recurred, and I solved it by replacing only the magnetic roller of the development unit, putting one used

good job