Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    23

    Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    Can someone tell me if the wireless LAN option code 416572 and code 417493 are the same? My customer has a MP C4503 and they want or would like wireless connection. Maybe a recommendation of an aftermarket.

  2. #2
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    417493 is a type M19 For use with: Ricoh SP 8400DN, C840DN, C842DN printers

    416572 is a type M2 for the MPC2003-6003

    The are not the same from any documentation i can find.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Power
    98

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    Quote Originally Posted by wester View Post
    Can someone tell me if the wireless LAN option code 416572 and code 417493 are the same? My customer has a MP C4503 and they want or would like wireless connection. Maybe a recommendation of an aftermarket.
    Use a wireless range extender. I've never used anything but one of these, when required.
    A fraction of the price. 5 minute configuration, and probably more reliable - at least from what I've read.

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,309
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    As Sandy said, the Ricoh WiFi interface is grossly over priced. It is also a pain to install and configure.

    You can find dual channel WiFi range extenders online every where. Most merely plug into an AC outlet and have a CAT 5 jack for connecting a wired device. I have even used them to connect small work groups by connecting a 5 port switch to the CAT 5 jack. Most are under $50.00

  5. #5
    Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    And I never had close to 100% signal strength with ricoh wireless adapters. Not even 80%
    Aye! Cut the crap

  6. #6
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    Wireless will never be as fast hardwire. Wireless should only be used as last resort, 4503 is a large MFP and would not recommend it. Sometimes customers that it must be wireless so they can used it from phones or wireless connected PC's

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    And I never had close to 100% signal strength with ricoh wireless adapters. Not even 80%
    Truth. The wireless adapters are weak. I use an aftermarket wireless gaming bridge usually, I believe the one I normally use is made by TP Link and it's less than $50 and easy to configure. By the time the customer orders it and pays my labor to come and setup its MUCH cheaper and more reliable than the official Ricoh wireless card.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,462
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Ricoh MP C4503 wireless LAN

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As Sandy said, the Ricoh WiFi interface is grossly over priced. It is also a pain to install and configure.

    You can find dual channel WiFi range extenders online every where. Most merely plug into an AC outlet and have a CAT 5 jack for connecting a wired device. I have even used them to connect small work groups by connecting a 5 port switch to the CAT 5 jack. Most are under $50.00
    I used one of these in a warehouse full of metal shelving 75 ft from the router, and there were never any connection issues.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here