Technician

MP C3001 SC554, cannot clear the code, out of options

Hello, i have ran into a problem.

I didnt find any one mentioning it on forums here. So i thought would give a shot and post a thread.

We have MP C3001 machine, it passed all testing and was working, after a while it throwed SC554.
    And we didnt manage to clear the code with SP 5-810. We proceeded with repairs. All steps according to manual:

• Swapped fusers with working machine, fuser is working fine, still throws SC554.
    • Replaced the PSU, nothing changed.
    • Replaced the IOB, nothing changed.
    • Replaced the BICU, swapped nvram from machines board to new one, nothing changed.

Machine still throws error code SC554.
    Any suggestions? I appreciate any answers. Thanks a lot.

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: MP C3001 SC554, cannot clear the code, out of options

If you are sure that all the parts tested are working fine in another machine I'd try to move the machine to a different power plug on the other side of the building first, had fuser codes on these before on overloaded power circuit's. Also had a damaged surge protector cause fuser codes.

Then swap out NV RAM and EPROM on BICU with known working ones if the electricity in office is not to blame.

I still have 2 of these dinosaurs and both of them give fuser codes whenever it rains or someone uses the A/C and boils a kettle at the same time lol

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You have to replace the fuse (M026 4371) inside the fusing unit and then SP5801-002. Otherwise you cannot reset the code.
    Good Luck!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eccelobo View Post
    You have to replace the fuse (M026 4371) inside the fusing unit and then SP5801-002. Otherwise you cannot reset the code.
    Good Luck!
    That was not introduced until the MP C3002.

Quote Originally Posted by Like1mS View Post
    We have MP C3001 machine, it passed all testing and was working, after a while it throwed SC554.
    And we didnt manage to clear the code with SP 5-810. We proceeded with repairs. All steps according to manual:

• Swapped fusers with working machine, fuser is working fine, still throws SC554.
    • Replaced the BICU, swapped nvram from machines board to new one, nothing changed.

SC 554 is a class A service code. Steps to clear class A service codes:
    1. Cycle power off and back on
    2. Run SP 2810
    3. Cycle power off and back on

If you don't do all three steps in the proper order, the code will not be cleared. I have even seen where if a fusing SC occurs while you are in SP mode you must first exit SP mode before cycling power.

Did you go through the steps to clear the code after each parts replacement?

This model uses an Induction Heater, IH. Did you replace the thermopile, IH coil or IH inverter board? Defective fusing control system in the trouble shooting refers to the IH coil and the inverter board.

Final possibility is a defective wiring harness

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Go into service mode and execute SP 5-810 --> Off/ On, if this doesn't clear the code, then try replacing the thermopile (Aw100106), and IH Coil assembly (D0874325) that reside directly behind the fuser. Have had this a few times, and usually the fix was the IH assembly. Also make sure, since it was on overheat error, that one of your thermostats isn't "opened", Code won't clear if one is.

Here's the procedure for IH assembly removal from manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I believe one way to tell if you have a reset issue is if after resetting, you open the door before rebooting the machine. If the code has been properly reset, you won't get an error code. If it has not been reset properly, the machine will immediately go back into an error condition.

Good way to tell if you are still in an error condition or if there is still an issue with the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Like1mS View Post
    Hello, i have ran into a problem.

I didnt find any one mentioning it on forums here. So i thought would give a shot and post a thread.

Any suggestions? I appreciate any answers. Thanks a lot.

hello, they are old machines, the connections of the signals in the fuser> machine connector are no longer reliable because of the dirt, the heat, and the vapors of the toner and of the silicone oil which the web is impregnated, sometimes they shoot codes at 55x a case, try to do as I did, I solved a lot of interventions, remove the fuser unit, obviously clean the thermopile with a rag, then take a nail file from the cardboard ones covered with sandpaper (the ones they use women), and gently but well clean the tiny contacts of the fuser connector, even on the machine side, then give it a tip of compressed air ...perform sp 5-810. Believe me, first we had customers who called us once a month for these codes, now we hear them once a year, for other problems ..I suggested this to you, just because it is an easy, fast action, and you don't risk buying spare parts unnecessarily, just in case ... it's helped me dozens of times
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)