Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C2003 how to change print density with Mac

hello guys, I have a customer that has a Mp c2003 installed on the net on a Mac osx ver. sierra 10.13.4, would you like to change the colors to be printed, for example to lighten the images, adjust the red etc, is there another program that manages the print density? Thanks for you help

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP C2003 how to change print density with Mac

The ICM files can be downloaded from Ricoh and used on a Mac in conjunction with Adobe Photoshop 2020 or the Apple ColorSync Utility.

thanks slim I will try in the coming days.

The MPC2003 is never going to give you great colour, it is a low end office machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Im using the native pdf program on a MAC called Preview for this answer. Make sure you have downloaded the Ricoh PPD file and use it to install the printer. There are different ways to install the printers on a MAC. I use the IP setting and the HP Protocol. After you have the correct driver installed and are ready to print, open the file drop down the option under "Preview" and you will see another option for "Color Balance Details" and there is all your settings.
    There are also additional settings under "Printer Features" tabs

the custumer tried to print also from ACROBAT, PHOTOSHOP, ADOBE PRINT UTILITY, in addition to QUARK XPRESS, BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANY BETTER. IF I CHANGE THE ICC PROFILES, CHANGE THE COLOR SPECTRUM (+ RED, + BLUE), but I can't manage the color.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    hello guys, I have a customer that has a Mp c2003 installed on the net on a Mac osx ver. sierra 10.13.4, would you like to change the colors to be printed, for example to lighten the images, adjust the red etc, is there another program that manages the print density? Thanks for you help
    Would these adjustments not be done in the computer before sending it to the Mp c2003?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

the custumer tried to print also from ACROBAT, PHOTOSHOP, ADOBE PRINT UTILITY, in addition to QUARK XPRESS, BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANY BETTER. IF I CHANGE THE ICC PROFILES, CHANGE THE COLOR SPECTRUM (+ RED, + BLUE), but I can't manage the color.
    Under "Printer Features,Print Quality,Color Profile" use "User Settings". You can also set the driver defaults up in the CUPS settings (127.0.0.1:631) after you get the desired output.

If color matching is critical..Think Fiery. The Ricoh ICM profile for that unit will only make the output Bluer and you won't see any change until you set the Color Profile to User Settings.
    This is not a graphic machine.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This is the entry level model, print quality is pretty poor this is not the right machine for a MAC user expecting true photo quality prints.

What i've noticed is trying to print relativistic skin tones they look pretty awful.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

[QUOTE = tecnologia fotocopiatrice; 1072143] Questo è il modello entry level, la qualità di stampa è piuttosto scarsa, non è la macchina giusta per un utente MAC che si aspetta stampe di qualità fotografica reale.

Quello che ho notato è provare a stampare tonalità della pelle relativistiche che sembrano piuttosto orribili. [/CITAZIONE] I know it's not a graphics machine, the reliability of the colors is pretty fair, but the customer was looking for ways to lighten the colors he wanted in prints with the Mac.