Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp 9003 toner hopper leaking toner

I am not very familiar with this model...
    I tore then entire toner hopper appart to figure out how to tear the sucker appart...
    ok enough ranting... I don't believe its leaking from the back of the hopper by the seal but I supplied the image for reference
    I think its leaking from the shiny circular seal that you find when popoff the spring loaded section by undoing the three tabs in the front of the hopper...
    I believe you need to replace the shield plate and spacer bar...
    but I am not sure... here is the image for reference... if anyone knows better please let me know...

also there is a seal on the outer edge this might be the problem but not sure... if anyone worked this model before please let me know...

and as always any help is appreciated and happy turkey day...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp 9003 toner hopper leaking toner

Replace
    D1313161
    A2293266
    A2293263
    A2933234
    A293 3227

Good Luck!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Save yourself some headaches. Replace the entire hopper assembly (Bottle: Drive: Ass'y)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Save yourself some headaches. Replace the entire hopper assembly (Bottle: Drive: Ass'y)
    YUP

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n25an View Post
    I am not very familiar with this model...
    I tore then entire toner hopper appart to figure out how to tear the sucker appart...
    ok enough ranting... I don't believe its leaking from the back of the hopper by the seal but I supplied the image for reference
    I think its leaking from the shiny circular seal that you find when popoff the spring loaded section by undoing the three tabs in the front of the hopper...
    I believe you need to replace the shield plate and spacer bar...
    but I am not sure... here is the image for reference... if anyone knows better please let me know...

also there is a seal on the outer edge this might be the problem but not sure... if anyone worked this model before please let me know...

and as always any help is appreciated and happy turkey day...
    if it is a toner leakage, it would be interesting to see how much it loses, a little is normal, the martini series tends to dirty a little, if you notice under the revolver there is a kind of small black tray, put on purpose, the good technician always sucks in everything regardless of the reason for the ticket .. usually you change
    1) B247-3345 that breaks
    2) A229-3232 chuck roller
    3) A293-3227 toner slider, this part is very important, because it has a sponge that becomes sticky over time, and the bottle cap stays stuck in the revolver, and the customer does not notice and makes noise, obviously the customer does not it comes to you to tell! .. because he is afraid of having done a shit, this is my feedback about the martini series revolver.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

How many prints has this copier done? After a mil I am quite happy to replace the entire toner delivery assembly as the foam seals either side of the toner delivery roller wear, toner leaks through and you start to get over toning problems.
    Also keep a close eye on the developer unit and the moment it starts to leak developer past the seals on the mixing shafts its time to replace it.
    The quickest way to kill a Martini is to ignore dev leaks as the dev gets into the paper feed and makes all the nylon gears wear rapidly.

And I also think that the Martini range is one of the best that Ricoh ever produced.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have encountered machines where someone forgot to open the toner throttle after putting the development unit back in. It causes toner to be forced out around the neck of the bottle.

If you get persistent under toning, check the nylon gear on the bottle motor. It will shrink with age and start jumping teeth.

much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by eccelobo View Post
    Replace
    D1313161
    A2293266
    A2293263
    A2933234
    A293 3227

Good Luck!

if only I could...

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    if it is a toner leakage, it would be interesting to see how much it loses, a little is normal, the martini series tends to dirty a little, if you notice under the revolver there is a kind of small black tray, put on purpose, the good technician always sucks in everything regardless of the reason for the ticket .. usually you change
    1) B247-3345 that breaks
    2) A229-3232 chuck roller
    3) A293-3227 toner slider, this part is very important, because it has a sponge that becomes sticky over time, and the bottle cap stays stuck in the revolver, and the customer does not notice and makes noise, obviously the customer does not it comes to you to tell! .. because he is afraid of having done a shit, this is my feedback about the martini series revolver.

good advice...
    what happens if I peel of the sponge from 3) will toner leak everywhere or will it work great...??? the reason I ask is sometimes you can peel off the sponges and the sticky parts and all works well on these machines... the sponge and glue is there for noise suppression... wonder if thats the case here...

by the way below is a diagram with the 2) and 3) on it...