Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP 305 SC673-10

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP 305 SC673-10

MP 305 SC673-10

I have an Mp 305 that is down with a SC673-10, all word in the error message are displayed in Japanese. Words outside of the error message, like "Please wait" are in English. I have tried new HDD, Controller PCB, Smart Operation Panel. Also reflashed the firmware. Can not get into service mode. I'm not sure where to go with it next, Ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP 305 SC673-10

Re: MP 305 SC673-10

SC673-10
    D Operation panel Flair communication error (Smart Operation Panel)
    This SC is issued only for the machine that has the Smart Operation Panel installed.
    • Communication between Smart Operation Panel and main machine (this is called “Flair
    communication”) is not sent to Smart Operation Panel.
    • SP setting (SP5-748-201) for Smart Operation Panel is not activated.
    The CATS module (controller) did not see the response to notification of monitoring service
    module (operation panel)
    • Cycle the main power off and on.
    • Set SP5-748-201 to “1: Connect” if the value is “0: Not connect”

Good Luck!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

You could try this:

Check If SP5748-201 is set to "0" (Not connect), change the value to "1" (Connect).

Seems that the control panel is sending a signal to the controller and the controller is not responding.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

MP 305 SC673-10

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    You could try this:

Check If SP5748-201 is set to "0" (Not connect), change the value to "1" (Connect).

Seems that the control panel is sending a signal to the controller and the controller is not responding.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I'd like to try that, but can not get into service mode, probably because the Op panel is not talking to the Controller.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 305 SC673-10

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I'd like to try that, but can not get into service mode, probably because the Op panel is not talking to the Controller.
    Check the connection of the USB cable going to the SOP.

MP 305 SC673-10

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The connections are secure, maybe I will try replacing the USB cable and the harness next.

Have you tried booting with HDD Disconnected & door open? What does the the WIM show?.
    Also have you tried getting into SOP sevice mode,if you can reset the op panel then reload sys/copy then engine .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

I noticed that the USB cables that use ricoh in his machines to connect sop to controller, are really suck, they seem the cheapest of those of Chinese battery chargers for smartphones, (with respect for the Chinese people who here are always nice and educated!).
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

MP 305 SC673-10

Fixed, I ended up replacing the navram on the controller PCB. Thanks for all the ideas. This one took me many tries of parts out of a donor machine until I finally tried the navram. A rare problem for sure, I don't think I've ever had to replace navram before.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Glad you got it fixed.

Just to relate my own issues with a MPC 406 that I was fighting with a SC 673-10, the SM is very misleading and so was the hotline. SOP didn't fix it and neither did the harness between the BCU and the panel. I could navigate all I wanted as long as I stayed in the panel. (Like go to panel user tools for example), but nothing for the machine would pop up. The only icons that are on the screen are for the user tools. Eventually the machine would code a SC673-10.

I was talking to another tech about this and he mentioned disconnect the HDD and try it. Well the sucker came up. Put all the original parts back on with the new HDD and it came up. The hotline did mention the BCU NVRAM as a potential culprit. My take on the hotline is a lot of times they are sort of worse help than no help and I have had them suggest replacing the NVRAM way too often. It is extremely rare that NVRAM is actually bad on a machine although it was the case on the OP's machine in this thread.

At any rate, keep in mind if you run into SC 673-10 issues, the HDD can be an issue even if it isn't mentioned in any of the troubleshooting steps of the manual.