Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Border Issue Ricoh C3003

Hi there,

recently I had to service a Ricoh C 3003. After doing all the firmware updates (this was mandatory) I did my usual testing and noticed an issue. I got a big black line on the right side of the page when using the ARDF (normal scanner also).
    At first I thought it was some dirt still being somewhere which I might have overseen as I cleaned the machine, so I did it again and even after that the problem still occured.

After spending some more time I found out it's actually a border problem when scanning/using ardf. That means the page is shifted slightly to the left side and thus there's this black border on the right side. As workaround I set the borders in the normal user menu and programmed it as default, but this only works for copying/scanning. For example when sending a fax it still occours, also it has to be always selected in the job settings. Sometimes they click around and the option is then disabled. Normal printing from PC however is fine.

Ricoh told me to check SP 1 001 (...), 002 (...) 103 (...) and 4 -008, 010 and 011, also 6-006 (...), and if it doens't work I should consider reseting.

Since it's a long drive I really want to make sure I'll be able to fix it when I go there. Do you have any other idea regarding this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Trommel

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Border Issue Ricoh C3003

Re: Border Issue Ricoh C3003

Quote Originally Posted by Trommel View Post
    Hi there,

recently I had to service a Ricoh C 3003. After doing all the firmware updates (this was mandatory) I did my usual testing and noticed an issue. I got a big black line on the right side of the page when using the ARDF (normal scanner also).
    At first I thought it was some dirt still being somewhere which I might have overseen as I cleaned the machine, so I did it again and even after that the problem still occured.

After spending some more time I found out it's actually a border problem when scanning/using ardf. That means the page is shifted slightly to the left side and thus there's this black border on the right side. As workaround I set the borders in the normal user menu and programmed it as default, but this only works for copying/scanning. For example when sending a fax it still occours, also it has to be always selected in the job settings. Sometimes they click around and the option is then disabled. Normal printing from PC however is fine.

Ricoh told me to check SP 1 001 (...), 002 (...) 103 (...) and 4 -008, 010 and 011, also 6-006 (...), and if it doens't work I should consider reseting.

Since it's a long drive I really want to make sure I'll be able to fix it when I go there. Do you have any other idea regarding this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    Trommel
    Most likely the line was there before you started your PM?

These are the settings I usually change from default on all Ricoh. set all to 0.

EDIT.jpg
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Most likely the line was there before you started your PM?

These are the settings I usually change from default on all Ricoh. set all to 0.

EDIT.jpg

Thanks copier tech. The problem occured after I did the service. I guess it must have happened because of the firmware updates because everything else I did was inspecting and cleaning.
    I'll check these settings again but I was in that menu trying around a lot and after all I had to set something like 5mm in the job settings directly to make it work.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If your side registration is good printing and copy on glass but only when using DF try DF side registration in SP 6-***.

Border Issue Ricoh C3003

look for the birth certificate and enter the initial factory values ​​of the feed and ardf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    look for the birth certificate and enter the initial factory values ​​of the feed and ardf
    Sometimes firmware updates have known to wack off a few sp mode settings. From your description it looks like you may need to readjust your leading edge and side to side registeration
    If it works, don't touch it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Border Issue Ricoh C3003

Quote Originally Posted by safwat View Post
    Sometimes firmware updates have known to wack off a few sp mode settings. From your description it looks like you may need to readjust your leading edge and side to side registeration
    At one time with the 03s Ricoh advised running full Auto Color Correction after doing firmware. For some reason the firmware update would erase current settings.

is it solved?

Border Issue Ricoh C3003

Line on right side through ADF (running perpendicular to feed direction)?? Could be that the scanner assembly is just "bent down" on front-left side (not the mirror assembly inside, but the entire assembly that the ARDF attaches to). Grab underneath the scanner (where paper exits machine) on left-front side and just pull it up. Have seen this many many times! BUT if that doesn't work, there are some good suggestions on here.

Technician

I'll be visiting the machine probably tomorrow and see what I can do. Thanks for all the help so far. I will get back to report