Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP2851 with random black dots


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    32

    MP2851 with random black dots

    Looks like the typical worn out PCU symptom but not in this case.
    I have already replaced with brand new genuine type 1027 PCU (twice in case the first was defective)
    Replaced transfer roller.
    Cleaned all drum contacts and drum cavity, which was very clean to begin with, unlike some of this model you see out there.
    Only uses genuine Ricoh toner supplied by me.

    Not sure where to go next on this one.

    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    How'd ya manage that? 500+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots


    Fuser issue, like the pressure lever is lowered for envelope mode.
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    814
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    1+ on the fuser, the teflon roller coating gets worn off.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP2851 with random black dots


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post

    Fuser issue, like the pressure lever is lowered for envelope mode.
    Sorry guys I forgot to mention I stopped it before the fuser and the dots were already there.
    I also checked the upper roller and it has no buildup on it.
    So it is happening before it gets to the fuser.
    Last edited by copyaction; 3 Days Ago at 06:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,975
    Rep Power
    222

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    Bad cleaning blade or toner build up in the toner recycler due to a build up of paper lint blocking the opening at the end of the recycler.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    OP said new PCDU.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    Looks like the typical worn out PCU symptom but not in this case.
    I have already replaced with brand new genuine type 1027 PCU (twice in case the first was defective)
    Replaced transfer roller.
    Cleaned all drum contacts and drum cavity, which was very clean to begin with, unlike some of this model you see out there.
    Only uses genuine Ricoh toner supplied by me.

    Not sure where to go next on this one.

    this usually happens when the pcdu is replaced without replacing the transfer roller, when the replaced pcdu becomes old it enhances the problem of the transfer roller.
    you say you have replaced them, I don't know how many prints they have done, but on these types of machines it is necessary to replace pcdu + transfer roller together.
    I LOVE MARTINI SERIES

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP2851 with random black dots


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    this usually happens when the pcdu is replaced without replacing the transfer roller, when the replaced pcdu becomes old it enhances the problem of the transfer roller.
    you say you have replaced them, I don't know how many prints they have done, but on these types of machines it is necessary to replace pcdu + transfer roller together.
    Yes brand new entire pcdu (type 1027) and brand new transfer roller both installed yesterday.

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    Which toner do you use?

  10. #10
    Technician safwat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    toronto, ON
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: MP2851 with random black dots

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Bad cleaning blade or toner build up in the toner recycler due to a build up of paper lint blocking the opening at the end of the recycler.
    If it's not this, take a used working drum in good condition to see if you can recreate the problem. Couple of 1027 have been bad in the box
    If it works, don't touch it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here