Technician

Ricoh Pro C5110s SC689

Hey guys, Just did a fuser rebuild on this unit. It has 900k on the clock. Well after reinstalling the fuser im now getting SC689 (SM says IH Inverter Board Communication). I rechecked my work and found nothing wrong. SM advises Inverter board replacement or IOB. Anyone else have tHis issues before? I checked the IH coil harness, re-assembled the fuser, reseated both inverter/IOB and checked power supply fuses. Ive already both boards and waiting for them. Any help will well help. Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C5110s SC689

Re: Ricoh Pro C5110s SC689

I never had to work on one of these before I retired, but I remember that older models had a thermostat mounted on the IH coil assembly. At that time Ricoh did not show the thermostat in the parts catalog as it took a major tear down of the IH coil assembly just to get to it. If it popped, it was the same SC code as for an open IH coil or bad harness.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C5110s SC689

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I never had to work on one of these before I retired, but I remember that older models had a thermostat mounted on the IH coil assembly. At that time Ricoh did not show the thermostat in the parts catalog as it took a major tear down of the IH coil assembly just to get to it. If it popped, it was the same SC code as for an open IH coil or bad harness.

+1
    ahhhhhhhhhh the good ole dayz

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Yup! Out with the thermostat and drop this a couple of times to unpop it.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C5110s SC689

Quote Originally Posted by Bricorley View Post
    Hey guys, Just did a fuser rebuild on this unit. It has 900k on the clock. Well after reinstalling the fuser im now getting SC689 (SM says IH Inverter Board Communication). I rechecked my work and found nothing wrong. SM advises Inverter board replacement or IOB. Anyone else have tHis issues before? I checked the IH coil harness, re-assembled the fuser, reseated both inverter/IOB and checked power supply fuses. Ive already both boards and waiting for them. Any help will well help. Thanks
    I have a 5110s with 750k on the clock fuser is now over life but working fine.

Can I ask how long the rebuild took you? It was half a day on the course not done one since!

(Sorry this dont relate to your post!)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Yup! Out with the thermostat and drop this a couple of times to unpop it.
    Thanks fellas. I checked for continuity and it was a dud. Gave it a small smack and presto! Why cant Ricoh just program a SC thats thermostat specific. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I have a 5110s with 750k on the clock fuser is now over life but working fine.

Can I ask how long the rebuild took you? It was half a day on the course not done one since!

(Sorry this dont relate to your post!)

I took my sweet time when I first did in. After doing about 4 times on the same 1 I can get it done in an hour

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Thank you so much.

Its solve the problem.

SC689-00.

Thermostat have NO connectivity when checking with Multi-meter. The little metallic plate over this thermostat-sensor go inside.

i have to drop this sensor on the floor couple of times, then metallic plate comes outside, and show connectivity when checking with multimeter, after reassemble into fusing unit. Machine is fine and working.

Thank all of the forum participants for there help in this regard.

My printer MPC 8002 SP / 6502 / CH-C1 / D136.

Last edited by pkbt007; 09-22-2021 at 01:13 PM.