Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Error @remote In. Req. No.

Hello,
    Im having the following error on some machines im trying to put them to @remote.
    We are always taking about embeded rc gate.
    Even if i do 5816-209 im having an issue which says:
    Invalid req. No and says about wrong parameters.
    Any solution?It should be something obvious but i cant seem to find it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

Re: Error @remote In. Req. No.

I think you have to init and rewrite the cert of the machine. If 802.x is enabled, after that you have to write customers cert for network auth.

Technician

Should i do then,5870-003 and then 001?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Depends on the machine. If it's an 04 or newer, it's the 2048 bit certificate. If it's an 03 or older, it's the 512 bit. If you need to clear out the @remote totally, run both of those and 58160-209. If it still errors with wrong parameter, the request number is invalid.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

@Remote is giving you a result back indicating that your request # might have either had an error in it when you were given it or the number was too old. The Centre Server only accepts request numbers that are less then 45 days old (or some such thing, I generally consider a number stale if it is more than a month old). I would request a new number to try first. I suggest:

1) Update your machine's firmware, restart
    2) Clear @Remote using SP5-816-209, restart
    3) Write a fresh common certificate with SP5-870-3 to initialize and either SP5-870-4 for a 2048bit certificate (preferred for future compatibility and automatic firmware if available) or SP5-870-1 for a 512bit certificate, restart.
    4) Verify in User Tools that @Remote services are allowed and not off or limited.
    5) Generate / request a new request number.
    6) Verify with client IT that traffic on ports 443 (TCP and UDP) can reach the @Remote servers in Japan. I have seen network traffic filtering by many different criteria, including geographical.
    7) Reattempt activation and if it fails, re-clear the system adding step 2-1/2 to run SP5-801-3 (SCS) and SP5-801-11 (NCS), restart and try again. Print off / record all network setting before running the SCS and NCS clears as you will have to re-input the settings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VasileiosG View Post
    Should i do then,5870-003 and then 001?
    Yes you should.

We do 5-816-209 Install Clear.
    Then 5-870-003 Initialize.
    Then 5-870-001 Writing.

Did you make sure it is removed from the Center GUI?

Make sure Fax line is unplugged, have had a couple that try to receive fax when registering and it gives me an error result of "4".
    Make sure no one is trying to send a print job either, although I don't think this really affects it when you're in service mode, but just to be sure.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    @Remote is giving you a result back indicating that your request # might have either had an error in it when you were given it or the number was too old. The Centre Server only accepts request numbers that are less then 45 days old (or some such thing, I generally consider a number stale if it is more than a month old). I would request a new number to try first.
    Either my dispatcher or I would request the number either the day of or the day before going out on the call to set it up.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

I have CS access and generate the request numbers for myself and others on my team, so in my case I can deal with new request numbers on the fly. I realize for most the number has to be requested in advance.

We get requests to connect @Remote and those requests usually go through our @Remote team and as such usually have a new request number attached to the call.

I suspect if he was given the number then either some digits were not recorded properly or it is a 'stale' request number.

Verify as to whether the site uses a proxy server.
    I've seen that give a parameter error many times.

Technician

Thanks a lot for your answers,sadly we import the machines and we do not know the previous state of the @remote.And know that i know the whole procedure i'll try it next time.Again thanks a lot