Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: Replace Toner will not clear Lanier LD425c

There is a piezoelectric sensor in the toner nozzle to tell the machine when the bottle is no longer delivering toner. This is used to set the toner near end condition.

Each PCDU has a TD sensor so the machine knows when to run the attraction pump to maintain image quality and detect the toner end.

Are you confusing what you see in the PCDU, which will be developer, with toner? The PDCU will always appear to have a powder in it.

Also, the bottles are chipped. If the machine decides a bottle is empty it won't allow you to try and recover with it in place. A history of six bottles is recorded for each colour.

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i think i have some working pumps that i bought by accident if you want.
    fshead:
    I may need to take you up on that offer to sell me a pump, if you have one, since they are apparently out of production.

I removed and fully cleaned the entire path of toner, from toner cartridge connection, thru hose, and dismantled and wiped interior of the toner pump. Same error message.

Last question:
    1. Since all toner was removed from the hose, and it is a long hose, is there an Init procedure that I need to run to fill an empty hose? Normal power up after rebuild did run for a while before stopping on the error (out of toner) message.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Replace Toner will not clear Lanier LD425c

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    fshead:
    I may need to take you up on that offer to sell me a pump, if you have one, since they are apparently out of production.

I removed and fully cleaned the entire path of toner, from toner cartridge connection, thru hose, and dismantled and wiped interior of the toner pump. Same error message.

Last question:
    1. Since all toner was removed from the hose, and it is a long hose, is there an Init procedure that I need to run to fill an empty hose? Normal power up after rebuild did run for a while before stopping on the error (out of toner) message.
    what is the life left of PCDU?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

fshead:

Last question:
    Be aware, those hoses have a Teflon coating on the inside to prevent them from clogging. Once that coating has been damaged say by pinching the hose to dislodge toner or trying to snake them out with a piece of wire they will clog again quickly. For this reason, Ricoh started shipping the pumps with the hose attached.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

fshead:

Last question:
    you can also put a pump of another color better if new, before I revised the old ones and changed the rubber inside but it was time wasted and then lasted less, not convenient

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

The newer style (D029) will work in the older machines. They new ones have a smaller clutch than the old ones, but mount points, harness and hose are the same. If you can't get the original style then get one for a Ricoh MP Cxx01 or MP Cxx02 series and you should be set. And don't be lazy, the new pump includes the hose for a reason, install it.

Don't waste your time and effort trying to resurrect the old one. Some say they have but guaranteed it will fail again. Just replace it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    The newer style (D029) will work in the older machines. They new ones have a smaller clutch than the old ones, but mount points, harness and hose are the same. If you can't get the original style then get one for a Ricoh MP Cxx01 or MP Cxx02 series and you should be set. And don't be lazy, the new pump includes the hose for a reason, install it.

Don't waste your time and effort trying to resurrect the old one. Some say they have but guaranteed it will fail again. Just replace it.
    I dont think you can use a mpc330 pump on the mpc2500..
    I tried using a mpc2500 pump on my mpc3300 and they did not fit...
    I know mpc3300/mpc2800,mpc3501,mpc3502 all cross over..and the print models too spc830 etc..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    you can also put a pump of another color better if new, before I revised the old ones and changed the rubber inside but it was time wasted and then lasted less, not convenient
    i just swap a color in just to get them up "temp" for b/w,maybe do a forced cyan feed b4 pulling a cyan pump....