Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: aficio 3045 toner add message

Ricohs in general have what can be an evil issue when it comes to loading toner messages and this may sound like a stupid question, but I have seen it happen more than I care to.

If the machine has a door or cover open.. any door or cover open, it won't go into toner recovery and it won't tell you a door or cover is open while the toner depleted screen is up.

Some Ricohs have a timing mechanism that do not allow a user to simply open the front door and close it again to initiate toner recovery. I believe the 3045 is one of those, but getting a new hopper and waiting while closing the door rules that out.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio 3045 toner add message

Re: aficio 3045 toner add message

Are you sure you have the correct toner. Most Ricoh 35 ppm machines (1035,2035,3035,4035) use the same toner bottle except the 2035E. The 2 bottles are the same height and diameter and have the same top. The difference is the bottom of the bottle where the toner motor has to engage to turn the bottle. The 2035E bottle in any other model will not rotate. Anything except a 2035E bottle in a 2035E/2045E will not rotate. I used to have to carry at least one of each bottle in my car. When you are an hour and a half drive away from your office on a call for a machine not loading toner it pays to have the correct toner with you.