Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White page with black lines without image in ricoh mp 9000 it appears randomly

Hi guys
    Can you help me please?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: White page with black lines without image in ricoh mp 9000 it appears randomly

It depends on how random it is. If it occurs with a large multipage milticopy job and is on the same page of the job in every copy, I would look at the HDD. Otherwise you're looking at the IPU or BCU.

Re: White page with black lines without image in ricoh mp 9000 it appears randomly

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It depends on how random it is. If it occurs with a large multipage milticopy job and is on the same page of the job in every copy, I would look at the HDD. Otherwise you're looking at the IPU or BCU.
    Thank you for reply.
    It occurs in different pages

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I imagine in print and in copy .. (?). If you have not already done so check / review the drum charging unit and the transfer unit. Then check all their contacts. There may also be an accidental short

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    I imagine in print and in copy .. (?). If you have not already done so check / review the drum charging unit and the transfer unit. Then check all their contacts. There may also be an accidental short

Thanks for your interest. Your guess is correct in photocopying and printing, and I'm going to check everything you said

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Black lines caused by the HDD, IPU or BICU!?

Personally i'd go for the cleaning blade first slightly cheaper ..............
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

cleaning blade streak issues on these kind of look wavy and come and go, not typical of other machines . Also change mc wire and vac drum assy.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Black lines caused by the HDD, IPU or BICU!?

Personally i'd go for the cleaning blade first slightly cheaper ..............
    Then personally you have never encountered the problem. I have.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Then personally you have never encountered the problem. I have.
    Clearly not in the 30+ years in this industry black lines on prints have 99.9% never been a board issue.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Clearly not in the 30+ years in this industry black lines on prints have 99.9% never been a board issue.
    Then you have been lucky.