Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh MP 501 update Java

Happy new year to all

My question.

I'm an analyst at a printer rental company.

We have some Ricoh MP 501 drives with outdated Java, and I need to upgrade these devices for NDD to work.

How do I upgrade Java?

Thank you!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP 501 update Java

Download the Java update tool from my-ricoh.com. Extract the file, copy the SDK folder onto the root of a blank SD card. Put it in slot 2 on the controller. Switch the machine on, it will sit there for a minute saying "Updating SDK/J". When it's finished it will say "SDK/J Update Complete" or something similar. That's it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Thanks for the answer.

I made the request on the site to have access to it, just wait now.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Only certified technicians have access to the website to download firmware and Java files. My-Ricoh.com is not the site to do that.. You can place a service call there to dispatch a tech, if you have several the tech might prepare a card and do one to make sure it's right and leave the card behind for you to finish to save him/her time.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 501 update Java

If the machines have service agreements on them, have the firmware updated when the tech goes out to update the java.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Only certified technicians have access to the website to download firmware and Java files. My-Ricoh.com is not the site to do that.. You can place a service call there to dispatch a tech, if you have several the tech might prepare a card and do one to make sure it's right and leave the card behind for you to finish to save him/her time.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Would anyone have this java update to make available?

I got in touch with my-ricoh and ricoh her, none of the contacts got any answers.

I needed to deliver three M501 units to a college that my company is a partner of and I can't ship the NDD program because of outdated java.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Speaking to the service team at Digital Business Services & Printing Solutions and going to the customer chat thing at the top right should be helpful, the machines are under warranty so there's no reason they won't help you with a firmware update.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Make sure the rest of the firmware is current, too, especially System /Copy, Network, and Engine.

If the Java is too new for the rest of the machine, baaaaad things will happen.

Java requires a certain version of System; as I recall there is actually a document that says which versions are compatible.

Making sure it's all current would avoid any issues with it.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Speaking to the service team at Digital Business Services & Printing Solutions and going to the customer chat thing at the top right should be helpful, the machines are under warranty so there's no reason they won't help you with a firmware update.
    I contacted via chat, no success. Not supported if the equipment was purchased from third parties

As the company that works, buys, sells and rents equipment, these three in particular were bought from a third party. The way will be to find Java on deepweb haha

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 501 update Java

Quote Originally Posted by housekore View Post
    I contacted via chat, no success. Not supported if the equipment was purchased from third parties

As the company that works, buys, sells and rents equipment, these three in particular were bought from a third party. The way will be to find Java on deepweb haha
    The thing to do is contact the company you purchased them from.