MP 5002 Missing Printer/Scanner apps

Hi ,One of our guys replaced the java card and now it's missing the Printer/Scanner apps.
    Firmware for these does not appear on the diagnostic sheet and will not update either.
    I 've had this before but for the life of me cant remember how to recover,can someone jog my memory please?
    Happy new year to fellow Ricoh techs!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MP 5002 Missing Printer/Scanner apps

Can’t remember if it has print/scan SD card but could he have removed it or was it merged into old java card.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The MP 2352 print\scan modules are loaded on its Java card. Its probably the same with the 5002. Get the old card back and hope that it powers up with the options.The java cards on older machines are married to that unit along with the Print\Scan options and you need to follow a strict procedure when updating the card or you will trash the Java option.

If you are having problems and believe the java option is causing it you can turn off the option in SP5730.

Good luck

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Most likely the Print/Scan was moved to the JAVA card using SP5873-001. In that case you will need both the original JAVA card and the original Printer/Scanner card in order to use SP5873-002 to move it back. If you do not have both, you will need to either order the Printer/Scanner Unit 5002 EDP Code 416140 or try ordering through parts PN 416140 SD-Card: P/S Unit: Ass'y.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Look in the storage place in the machine for the old card. Look in the service manual to see where the designated storage area is.

Edit: After looking through the service manual, I don't see a designated spot to put the card. Look under the instruction card inside the front door if it has the removable type. Also under any pieces that can be unscrewed from the front door. I have also seen sd cards taped to the inside if the controller box.
    Last edited by anothertech; 01-05-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Most likely the Print/Scan was moved to the JAVA card using SP5873-001. In that case you will need both the original JAVA card and the original Printer/Scanner card in order to use SP5873-002 to move it back. If you do not have both, you will need to either order the Printer/Scanner Unit 5002 EDP Code 416140 or try ordering through parts PN 416140 SD-Card: P/S Unit: Ass'y.
    +1 with slim's suggestion.
    I had this issue while trying to upgrade the Java firmware in preparation for equitrac. I didn't notice that the PS option was merged with it.
    Java update failed, so i replaced the Java Card. Upon power on and waiting for more than 5 mins, the Print and Scan option does not come out.
    It was then I realized I f*&^%d up so I had to order both.

Now, if you don't have the original card, then you have to order both of them cards.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Please see bulletin may help
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Please see bulletin may help
    I did this in MPC3004 before and yes, works fine. But this works for JAVA in a flash memory.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by semi View Post
    Hi ,One of our guys replaced the java card and now it's missing the Printer/Scanner apps.
    Firmware for these does not appear on the diagnostic sheet and will not update either.
    I 've had this before but for the life of me cant remember how to recover,can someone jog my memory please?
    Happy new year to fellow Ricoh techs!!!

I can hardly remember, it happened to me the same a few years ago on an mp4002 installed for 2 days, it seems to me that I had removed the fax card (I don't know if you have it) I replaced and formatted the HDD, and then I reinstalled the fax card, which for some strange reason messed up the applications, in essence I think the hdd was damaged by making the stairs (4 floor) with the electric trolley, so when I can I remove the lhdd before delivering the machines that I know they have to do rally routes, tomorrow morning I look into the ticket management
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)