Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MP C3503, intermittent edge folds.

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    I'm with Frohnb have had this before torque limiter, feed tires and sometimes the whole feed assembly.
    +3 for this

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    +3 for this
    +4 on this.

My experience as well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Cool Re: MP C3503, intermittent edge folds.

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    Has anybody seen this? I have a C3503 that puts a V shaped fold on the lead edge of copy approximately 4" from top. It is very intermittent. It happens pre-fuser since the folds are pressed flat. I had this same issue a couple years ago but I cannot remember what caused it (Geezer Brains). See attachment.
    update:
    this week, it happened to me on an mpc2503, same problem, on the additional lower drawer, PB3160, practically the door (D6932601) did not close perfectly, I realized it because I held it with my hand pressed, the problem did not, I added, a plastic washer as a thickness between the external white cover (D6932651) and the internal black one (D6932652), solved.
    probabilmete is a deformation of the metal frame due to the transport, the machines without box are easily damaged by transporting them with a trolley inserted underneath, in the company we will see to move those without box by inserting a wooden table as a base, obviously the problem does not exist if the machine has a wooden cabinet

regards
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    update:
    this week, it happened to me on an mpc2503, same problem, on the additional lower drawer, PB3160, practically the door (D6932601) did not close perfectly, I realized it because I held it with my hand pressed, the problem did not, I added, a plastic washer as a thickness between the external white cover (D6932651) and the internal black one (D6932652), solved.
    probabilmete is a deformation of the metal frame due to the transport, the machines without box are easily damaged by transporting them with a trolley inserted underneath, in the company we will see to move those without box by inserting a wooden table as a base, obviously the problem does not exist if the machine has a wooden cabinet

regards

THEY got real cheap with the metal on the 03 series..
    I had more issues with bent tray 4 bottom corner frame than i care to think about..
    If the machine was move off a truck via a ramp the corner would hit and bend..
    Sometimes you cant even get tray 4 in or out..........

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3503, intermittent edge folds.

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    Has anybody seen this? I have a C3503 that puts a V shaped fold on the lead edge of copy approximately 4" from top. It is very intermittent. It happens pre-fuser since the folds are pressed flat. I had this same issue a couple years ago but I cannot remember what caused it (Geezer Brains). See attachment.
    OK, Geezer brains. What was the solution?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C3503, intermittent edge folds.

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    update:

regards
    If I see someone even attempt to put a two-wheel cart under a machine for moving, I quickly run over, and just as quickly smack the shit out of them! Have had too many machines with drawer 4 stuck. Easy solution is to yank the drawer out and just step down on the metal frame to straighten it (flimsy stuff).