Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP C3503, intermittent edge folds.

Has anybody seen this? I have a C3503 that puts a V shaped fold on the lead edge of copy approximately 4" from top. It is very intermittent. It happens pre-fuser since the folds are pressed flat. I had this same issue a couple years ago but I cannot remember what caused it (Geezer Brains). See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: MP C3503, intermittent edge folds.

I would guess it is catching on a fuser entrance guide. You might power down the machine as soon as the paper leaves the cassette and see if the fold has occurred already.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Most of the time I see that, it is from worn feed rollers (although it’s usually more towards the center of the page). In a couple of cases I had to replace the entire feed assembly (sep roller and torque roller don’t come together “flat”). Have tried tweaking the metal brackets that hold the sep roller shaft, but ultimately had to replace it.

If it’s not that, then I would be looking at transfer roller (static tooth stuck up), or buildup on fuser entrance guide.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'd say fuser as well. As previously suggested, check the entrance guide for any toner buildup or burrs in the plastic that might catch the lead edge of the page.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm with Frohnb have had this before torque limiter, feed tires and sometimes the whole feed assembly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    Has anybody seen this? I have a C3503 that puts a V shaped fold on the lead edge of copy approximately 4" from top. It is very intermittent. It happens pre-fuser since the folds are pressed flat. I had this same issue a couple years ago but I cannot remember what caused it (Geezer Brains). See attachment.

the exact same thing happened to me, a few tiny pieces of plastic broke and it ended up in the paper path, I suggest you remove the duplex unit and turn it upside down and shake it a few times, I went out 3 times before solving it like this, I'm not the pc rollers, see that it is not in the center? in my case its broken a very mini bit of plastic the retain one of two spring of the contro-roller of duplex
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

I've also had this on the Metis, Corona and Charis. It's the belt-assisted feed rollers in the door. If you roll them with your fingers you'll feel one is a little stiffer than the others, that's what is causing the impact mark.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post

this is the piece that broke on my metis, finished who knows where, it created the same problem, check that there are all

p.s.

here we say "don't be an Indian" that you disappear, when you have resolved let us know!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

This is a good thread. Four different but entirely plausible solutions! I hope he follows up.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    This is a good thread. Four different but entirely plausible solutions! I hope he follows up.
    look, at the first 2 interventions, the problem did not make me, but the client showed me some sample prints that he had kept, at the third time the problem did it frequently enough to allow me to fight, I replaced in sequence: pickup station, fuser unit, ptr block complete, exit paper block complete, dust collection block, replaced entire duplex = ok👍 at the end in the laboratory analyzing the duplex, I noticed that missing part, I fixed it, mounted on ours, where I had disassembled all pieces, and this machine works too.🍺🍺