Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

    totoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    569
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    I have watched customer load paper in the tray and they do it better than I do. It has to be some mechanical problem that i'm missing, but thanx for the imput.
    Totoro

  2. #12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you only changed the separation roller, you will be back.
    hahahahaha, you made me lie down, I have a colleague who does this !, change the parts individually, my boss and I always take it for a ass!😂😂😂
    I LOVE MARTINI SERIES

  3. #13
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you only changed the separation roller, you will be back.
    Truth. Always replace the set, or it WILL bite you in the @$$

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,141
    Rep Power
    228

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    I have watched customer load paper in the tray and they do it better than I do. It has to be some mechanical problem that i'm missing, but thanx for the imput.
    What you are missing is the rest of the 3 roller paper feed system. It is recommended the all three rollers be replaced new at the same time.

    In normal operation the friction between the feed roller and separation (reverse) roller is greater than that of the torque limiter. This allows the feed roller to drive the separation roller in the feed direction. When either are worn the separation roller can slip against the fed roller and turn in the reverse direction. This causes the jam. Replacing just the separation roller usually corrects the problem for a couples of weeks at most.

  5. #15
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,870
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hahahahaha, you made me lie down, I have a colleague who does this !, change the parts individually, my boss and I always take it for a ass!😂😂😂
    Same here my colleagues only change the sep roller saying “its the only roller that looked won”
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #16
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

    totoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    569
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    I did not change just the sep roller. I put in a new feed unit .
    Totoro

  7. #17
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Pull out and remove left side of tandem tray so you can watch the feed operation. Here is what I have done on every last one of mine. I have skinned the rollers off of the hubs and substituted these. Pickup AF030049, Feed AF031098, Sep AF032098. What I found is the pickup roller tends to be the culprit. The AF030049 with the slots tends to kick the paper forward much better than the AF030090 original. Watch it and try it.
    Sex with my wife is like driving a Ferarri at 190 m.p.h.






    Yeah, I don't get to do that either

  8. #18
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    644
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    Pull out and remove left side of tandem tray so you can watch the feed operation. Here is what I have done on every last one of mine. I have skinned the rollers off of the hubs and substituted these. Pickup AF030049, Feed AF031098, Sep AF032098. What I found is the pickup roller tends to be the culprit. The AF030049 with the slots tends to kick the paper forward much better than the AF030090 original. Watch it and try it.
    Are you thinking of MP C6503? aren't the rollers different diameters.

  9. #19
    Copier Technician
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Please note tray 1 feed assy isn't the same as tray 2.
    Any feed problems I also start with all 3 rollers and the limiter

    If machine has done 700k you should replace by the way don't waste your time replacing one roller

  10. #20
    Copier Technician
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

    Sorry guys I thought you was talking about mpc6503 feed sections are the same on MP6503 series

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here