Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

mp 6503 with j003 issue

Hey guys, I have a mp6503 with an intermittent J003 problem. No toner dropping from dev unit and meter at 700k. Have gone in and switched T1 and T2 feed units as customer says they can run their jobs from T2 and then T2 runs and T1 jams again. Went in there and put a new feed unit in T1 and ran 500 sheets through no problems. Customer called back with same issue. What am I missing?
    Totoro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

Re: mp 6503 with j003 issue

J003 is a "non-feed" jam, paper not making it out of the tray. In Most cases the customer loads the paper crappy, or there is paper caught behind the tray not allowing the coupler to engage properly.
    End fences and side fences in correct position and not broken?
    If paper is loaded fine, and you already replaced feed unit, then you could be looking at a bad feed clutch.

mp 6503 with j003 issue

no paper behind tray, end and side fences look fine. Paper is loaded good. I thought this model used motors for feeding , not clutches. I know that there is a feed motor on the feed unit itself, but i'll look into that. thanx
    Totoro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Hey guys, I have a mp6503 with an intermittent J003 problem. No toner dropping from dev unit and meter at 700k. Have gone in and switched T1 and T2 feed units as customer says they can run their jobs from T2 and then T2 runs and T1 jams again. Went in there and put a new feed unit in T1 and ran 500 sheets through no problems. Customer called back with same issue. What am I missing?

hello, those capacious drawers require a lot of attention and some practice to be loaded correctly, I say this because I often find in the middle of the 3,4 stack, the sheets are really bad, however you say you have replaced both pick up stations, were they new? I ask you because because they are very expensive, many dismantle them from used / withdrawn machines, which could be badly defective at times (it happened to me) try to ask the customer if he happened to witness a jam directly, if hit he heard a loud "gnhrrrrrrrrr" sound sorry i don't know how to make the unidirectional stuck noises well, since they are very interchangeable between various martini models, surely j003 concerns the lack of grip of the sheet.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

mp 6503 with j003 issue

Paper in tray is being loaded correctly. Paper feed unit was new. There is an adj for sep roller pressure that I have never used. I may try that. could this be a problem with the try lift? Tray seems to be level when it is down all the way. Lift motor? Lift wires? bottom tray?
    Totoro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Paper in tray is being loaded correctly. Paper feed unit was new. There is an adj for sep roller pressure that I have never used. I may try that. could this be a problem with the try lift? Tray seems to be level when it is down all the way. Lift motor? Lift wires? bottom tray?

at this point, it would very well be a lifting problem, there are some parts that can break in the drawer / lifting unit, fortunately for you they are quite easy to locate on sight, I suggest you remove the drawer and inspect the mechanism lift
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

mp 6503 with j003 issue

will be back there soon and let you know. thanx
    Totoro

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

Hi,

I had same problem last days. After changing separation rollers, no more problems.
    RICOH MP 7503 J003

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    Hi,

I had same problem last days. After changing separation rollers, no more problems.
    RICOH MP 7503 J003
    If you only changed the separation roller, you will be back.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    mp 6503 with j003 issue

If you ran 500 without a jam then the customer loads paper & it jams what does that tell you!?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk