Technician

Question MP C4503 w/ SR3150 wont saddle stitch from Mac 10.4 using driver 3.2

Hey all. Hoping you can assist me. I have a client who called me (I work remote support for a dealer) and they have a MP-C4503 with a SR3150 finisher. They are printing from a Mac using OS 10.14 and printer driver version 3.2. I verified the print driver has all accessories configured correctly in the drop down menus. They are printing from Adobe Acrobat DC and are trying to create a 5 page saddle stitched booklet on 8.5x11 sized sheet. I was able to figure out how to impose and fold the booklet but could not get saddle stitch stapling to work. Machine has no known abnormal status messages.

Does anyone know how to make this function work correctly?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C4503 w/ SR3150 wont saddle stitch from Mac 10.4 using driver 3.2

Re: MP C4503 w/ SR3150 wont saddle stitch from Mac 10.4 using driver 3.2

Do they have a PostScript card in the Copier?

Technician

I am not sure. This is from another dealer that my company bought out and I have limited info without calling the customer again, which I am trying to avoid until I have all necessary info to cross reference. We are able to get into Ricoh ARMS and pull up device info. Nothing specifically states PS Card/chip installed. However when browsing the firmware screen of what versions are installed, PS3 and PS3 font show up. PS3 FW Version is 1.0 and PS3 Font Version is 1.12. Not sure if this indicates the chip is present or not.
    Last edited by snyder007; 01-16-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snyder007 View Post
    I am not sure. This is from another dealer that my company bought out and I have limited info without calling the customer again, which I am trying to avoid until I have all necessary info to cross reference. We are able to get into Ricoh ARMS and pull up device info. Nothing specifically states PS Card/chip installed. However when browsing the firmware screen of what versions are installed, PS3 and PS3 font show up. PS3 FW Version is 1.0 and PS3 Font Version is 1.12. Not sure if this indicates the chip is present or not.
    GO TO USERS TOOLS AND PRINTER FEATURES AND SEE IF YOU SEE PS,ALSO A STICKER ON FRONT DOOR MIGHT SAY ADOBE PS3.
    I know mac uses that CUPS to do more than normal printing maybe youtube a video on it......

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If the end user has the option of "Magazine Print" they need to use that and not Booklet. According to the Product Support Guide Booklet1 is not supported. Only Booklet2(Magazine) is supported.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If the end user has the option of "Magazine Print" they need to use that and not Booklet. According to the Product Support Guide Booklet1 is not supported. Only Booklet2(Magazine) is supported.
    Normally where would this "Magazine print" option be found? I installed the driver and configured it to match my clients workstation, on a local machine in my office, running Mac OS 10.14 and do not see "Magazine" as an option.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snyder007 View Post
    Normally where would this "Magazine print" option be found? I installed the driver and configured it to match my clients workstation, on a local machine in my office, running Mac OS 10.14 and do not see "Magazine" as an option.
    It would be in the options for the software being used.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It would be in the options for the software being used.
    Interesting. Opened 4 different applications and attempted to print and all print dialog windows all appear the exact same.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

3.8 is the latest. Just checked my ppd and in printer features,finishing,staple, Im showing 2 at center. Make sure your using the correct manufacture on the ppd. if your machine is a Savin and you downloaded the ppd from the Ricoh site the options won't list correctly.

I have a lot of MAC customers using this option without any issues.