Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 301 freezing up

Re: MP 301 freezing up

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    I did firmware update as a package, so I just did it one at a time and it looks like it was the panel firmware that caused the issue! WOW! thanks for the reply.
    I had the same issue a few months back.
    After I updated the firmware, the Op panel behaved exactly the same as yours, and I didn't use the package firmware.
    I ended up rolling back the op panel F/w which resolved the issue and then updated it individually and it was all good.
    I typically just install all modules at once and have seldom, if ever, had an issue. It seems like this was the first time

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

As others have mentioned the panel firmware is the culprit on this. The panel firmware is title LCDC. Version 1.04 is the one you want to use.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP 301 freezing up

Common problem update all firmware
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

I know this is a few months old now but I have just come across a 301 in my office that I need to install somehwere temporarily next week. When I press Network it just freezes same as you guys.
    I know it had firmware updated about 5 months ago to get scanning working again but at the time nobody must have gone into Network screen t see this problem.
    I looked on firmware for Op Panel in the list, latest is Ver.1.24 so I guessed that is the bad one, downloaded 1.23 instead, went to update on machine but it had an older version somehow (maybe engineer didn't do it at the time) so updated it to 1.23 anyway, made no difference. Then I saw it also had a temporary firmware release of LCDC Ver.1.18.1 and it says to update that and then after do it to Ver.1.18.2 aterwards so I have just done that... still freezes!
    Which Op Panel version did you guys use to fix it?! In the history it goes back to 1.21, 1.20, 1.19 and 1.16 which is from the year 2012. I've already wasted an hour on this so don't really want to try all of them one by one
    Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP 301 freezing up

A manager sent us this years ago, I think the animation firmware could get dicked too.

Hi guys as I mentioned in a previous email it is possible to lock out the network settings by having the LCDC firmware out of sync with the System / engine etc.
    If you try to go to IPV4 settings : System Settings/ Interface/Network the machine just hangs after network.
    What they are recommending is completely update firmware making sure you use the LCDC 2 step update if LCDC is below 1.20 ( 1.20 , 1.03, 1.04 or later can just be updated to latest)
    Then install the special package available from RFG esource rfg077557 D127/D128_Bundle_SMBv2v3_SDcard
    This package contains 5 firmware's under Rom Data D127
    If you find you can't get into network settings ( User Tools/ System Settings/ Interface setting / Network icon ) machine lock up at this point your LCDC firmware is too old.
    There has been some reluctance to update the LCDC/ Op Panel firmware on this machine.
    This comes from some confusion around the special update steps to get beyond 1.18.1 & 1.18.2 .
    Just a heads up as we created this problem by updating Engine to 1.04.05 and leaving LCDC at 1.03
    Once we updated to LCDC everything was fine.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

So potentially this was caused by previous engineer updating a couple of things but not others (including op panel) so in theory all I had to do was put op panel on latest firmware module v1.24 ?
    I gave up in the end, too busy for a problem like that, just using our receptionists 301 instead, plus parts are good and panels are clean on it.
    Be good to know for when I see this problem again in future

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP 301 freezing up

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    So potentially this was caused by previous engineer updating a couple of things but not others (including op panel) so in theory all I had to do was put op panel on latest firmware module v1.24 ?
    I gave up in the end, too busy for a problem like that, just using our receptionists 301 instead, plus parts are good and panels are clean on it.
    Be good to know for when I see this problem again in future
    There was different versions for different levels. If you had level "A" you needed firmware "B" before you upgraded to the latest firmware blah blah blah. It was a pain in the ass. You will have to dig thru the read me files for those firmware's. Im pretty sure it was the Animation that had all the different levels though.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician

it has to do with the system firmware, ricoh is where of the issue like 3years ago and haven't fixed it. I ran into the same issue but nothing to do with op panel f/w its the system f/w is the issue. any current system f/w will cause freezing so i use the WIM and the ONLY way to correct it is go back to system f/w 1.23 or below.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kopirmaster's Avatar

Just update the screen firmware at the end . The problem is that in the firmware that you instaled smb v3 is supported

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    So I have a odd issue with this 301. On the control panel when I try to get into the system/interface/network it locks up up when I press the network button and just sits there with no error code. I have tried firmware, memory clear, controller and engine board from another working unit.
    there is no HDD in this unit I might add and different memory I tried.did I miss anything?
    Hey I have had this issue couple of times. Its the OP panel firmware that needs to be updated. Once I did that it didn't freeze for me.