Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Can't access Web via SOP

Can't access Web via SOP

I've just picked up an MP C306 for resale.
    I've only dabbled in a handful of machines with the SOP so far, so I still have A LOT to learn, and that's what I'm trying to do.
    I recently also got an MP501, and an MP305+, and both of those machines arrived with no problem accessing the web via the browser App and also the the Application site. I was also able to download and install the package F/W. either using SP mode or using the App.

I don't have access to RFG-Esource, but I was able to acquire the latest F/W files to update this C306 machine via SD card, and hoped that that would resolve the issue, but I still can't access the internet in any way from the Op panel
    The web browser just says "webpage not available"
    When trying to access the Application site, I get to the screen to accept the license agreement, then I get a message to "check for Network Problems"
    Could it be locked down in SP mode somehow?

Of course, I've checked all the network settings and can scan to email, etc.

Any tips on what I might be able to do to get it connected?

Thanks!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Can't access Web via SOP

Re: Can't access Web via SOP

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I've just picked up an MP C306 for resale.
    I've only dabbled in a handful of machines with the SOP so far, so I still have A LOT to learn, and that's what I'm trying to do.
    I recently also got an MP501, and an MP305+, and both of those machines arrived with no problem accessing the web via the browser App and also the the Application site. I was also able to download and install the package F/W. either using SP mode or using the App.

I don't have access to RFG-Esource, but I was able to acquire the latest F/W files to update this C306 machine via SD card, and hoped that that would resolve the issue, but I still can't access the internet in any way from the Op panel
    The web browser just says "webpage not available"
    When trying to access the Application site, I get to the screen to accept the license agreement, then I get a message to "check for Network Problems"
    Could it be locked down in SP mode somehow?

Of course, I've checked all the network settings and can scan to email, etc.

Any tips on what I might be able to do to get it connected?

Thanks!

Did you update the firmware using the package or individual roms?

You can also update the apps this maybe your issue.

Also try adding the Web Browser NX app & accepting the licencee agreement etc this may then allow the web browser to work.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ran into a problem with a C306 on Thursday that would not show the classic apps and also would not connect to the Ricoh app site. Would also not load the remote support app. After doing all the things that you tried I called my Ricoh DSM and was told to check the SOP version. Mine was very old and after updating it not only did I get all the settings needed but the boot up time became lighting fast. The latest is
    If this is the case your going to need the file and the read me on how to load.

Good luck,

Can't access Web via SOP

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Did you update the firmware using the package or individual roms?

You can also update the apps this maybe your issue.

Also try adding the Web Browser NX app & accepting the licencee agreement etc this may then allow the web browser to work.
    I installed the firmware with all the individual modules.
    I took your advice and just went updated all of the Apps, but nothing has changed unfortunately
    Web Browser NX was installed on the machine when I received it. I didn't see an option to update that app with anything that I've received if there is one (??)

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Ran into a problem with a C306 on Thursday that would not show the classic apps and also would not connect to the Ricoh app site. Would also not load the remote support app. After doing all the things that you tried I called my Ricoh DSM and was told to check the SOP version. Mine was very old and after updating it not only did I get all the settings needed but the boot up time became lighting fast. The latest is
    Thanks, but as I said, I don't have access to RFG, but I was given the F/W update for the SOP and have updated it with no change.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Can't access Web via SOP

Can you confirm what version you updated the smart panel OS too?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Had this happen once and the SOP was set to Wi Fi for internet and wifi was not setup in the SOP. Switched the panel to machine network and it worked fine. Worth a look.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Can't access Web via SOP

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Can you confirm what version you updated the smart panel OS too?
    D2411425Q

Can't access Web via SOP

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Had this happen once and the SOP was set to Wi Fi for internet and wifi was not setup in the SOP. Switched the panel to machine network and it worked fine. Worth a look.

That did it!
    Thanks Skinny!
    I figured it would be something simple, but I never would have found it!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    That did it!
    Thanks Skinny!
    I figured it would be something simple, but I never would have found it!
    It about bit me too. Mine was a MP 402, customer had several of them and one didn't work. I went thru line by line from a working one to the non working one and that was the difference.

Technician
    Can't access Web via SOP

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    If this is the case your going to need the file and the read me on how to load.

Good luck,

please I have problems with the navigator of a mp402, would you be so kind as to share the bulletin please, thank you.