Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SAN SALVO
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    I tried to change hard disk on mp c4502 but nothing has changed and always very slow to make a photocopy the first copy 40 seconds at the bottom the display says print 1 minute

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Guaynabo
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnomarco View Post
    I tried to change hard disk on mp c4502 but nothing has changed and always very slow to make a photocopy the first copy 40 seconds at the bottom the display says print 1 minute
    *Before change hdd you do imh clear?
    *It says print 1min (warmingup)?
    *Ck the fuser temp
    *Ck the error hist for a lead

  3. #13
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Weird, i have exact the same problem on a mpc2800 !!!!
    Started 2 weeks ago on a friday.
    Have repl. HDD, no good.
    I have noticed that copi´ng is ok, untill you use duplex (uses HDD), than it takes about 0,5 minute.
    So, I think it is the controller, because
    This problem happened after i replaced the duplex enterance guide (at least that is what customer says) on that friday.
    Weird!

  4. #14
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nebraska, USA ------ GO BIG RED
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Well, i have the same problem with an MP C4502, it takes too long to copy-let's start from this function at first.
    So far, thinking that it may be a fuser control problem, i have cleaned press. roll thermistors, triple heater continuity has been checked,
    bearings and pressure roll have been replaced, they get worn very soon.
    Firmware is up to date, SP adjustments are at default.
    i didn't perform any reset routine-as Slimslob suggests-yet.
    I think it's an interesting idea.
    Totoro maybe points a solution, also!!

    You say you replaced Pressure roller, but did you replace the fusing sleeve ass'y which gets worn at least twice as fast as the Press. Roll.??
    Have had machines that take a while to "warm up", especially on the xx02's.

    If it's a print job taking forever, then as suggested by a couple on here, change your driver to PCL6 and make sure it is using the IP address for the Port and not WSD.

  5. #15
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nebraska, USA ------ GO BIG RED
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Quote Originally Posted by tecnomarco View Post
    I tried to change hard disk on mp c4502 but nothing has changed and always very slow to make a photocopy the first copy 40 seconds at the bottom the display says print 1 minute

    I've rarely seen the HDD cause extremely slow printing/ copying times.
    What's the count on your fuser sleeve and Press Roll?
    What's the count on your development units? Have seen it take a long time to run Process/ Calibration due to dev. units being shot/ toner density being light. Make sure your ID sensors are clean too.

    Did you try the memory clear of Copier application as Slim suggested?

  6. #16
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I've rarely seen the HDD cause extremely slow printing/ copying times.
    What's the count on your fuser sleeve and Press Roll?
    What's the count on your development units? Have seen it take a long time to run Process/ Calibration due to dev. units being shot/ toner density being light. Make sure your ID sensors are clean too.

    Did you try the memory clear of Copier application as Slim suggested?
    Would a Ricoh printer all of a sudden get slowely due to over-aged parts?
    Why hasn't this happened before than? Half of the worlds Ricohs would go slow, no?
    There was a message from Ricoh warning us for hacking via printers.
    We need to delete the old driver and put the new instead.
    Could this be an issue?

  7. #17
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    You say you replaced Pressure roller, but did you replace the fusing sleeve ass'y which gets worn at least twice as fast as the Press. Roll.??
    Have had machines that take a while to "warm up", especially on the xx02's.
    If it's a print job taking forever, then as suggested by a couple on here, change your driver to PCL6 and make sure it is using the IP address for the Port and not WSD.
    Fusing sleeve has two non-contact thermistors instead of pressure roll, which uses two contact type thermistors.
    When press. roll shaft has been affected by worn bearings, temperature readings could be vary during warm up.
    Thermistor surface also gets worn.
    Another important coefficient is what is the weather like in Sicily or anywhere else at north hemisphere...

  8. #18
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    1,048
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Start simple...

    Is "Anti-Curl" turned on? That will make these machines take forever for Pg. 1 to print.

  9. #19
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Start simple...

    Is "Anti-Curl" turned on? That will make these machines take forever for Pg. 1 to print.
    SP-1113-001
    0 : Off
    1 : On (No decurl)

  10. #20
    Copier Technician 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Ricoh MPC 4502 and MPC 5503 long time for working

    I would do as sim suggested

    Update all firmware
    Backup address book
    Memory clear all BUT NOT 1 & 2
    format hdd

    Then start from fresh with dhcp on so picks up all network information print info then add as static ip and enter all information from print out. Load on pc not wsd and use ricoh driver the restore address book

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here