Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Will a MPC2503 fit inside a MPC3503?

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Before you order the PCU first try replacing just the charge roller this is a lot cheaper & does improve the print quality.
    i have done that with the mpc2800 series,but not replaced but just used a scour type pad and alcohol to wipe the outersurface till white and put back together..
    I figure if i am pulling the unit apart i might as well do drum,drum blade,lub bar,PCR,and cleaning roller all at once..
    I also decided i am better off having a mpc3003 parts machine so i have a full set of boards,op panels etc etc...........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Before you order the PCU first try replacing just the charge roller this is a lot cheaper & does improve the print quality.
    Co-sign on the charge roller. I have been using them this fall and winter and have had tremendous luck using them so far.

A lot of times, the PCU has not gotten to yield (especially black) and you need to do something with the charge roller. Cleaning it is a possibility, but you have to be extremely careful and my experience is that while you will get some additional life out of the unit before having to replace it, I don't know that it is all that much because the roller surface isn't smooth and slick anymore no matter what you do. (At one time, I considered trying wax for giggles as an experiment, but never got around to trying it). Even if you have gotten to yield, you can get additional life out of a pcu depending on what shape the lube bar is in.

If you compare a new charge roller unit (comes as a unit with a new cleaning roller, which is key, frame, etc) to a current one, it seems to me that the old roller surface isn't smooth and seems much more likely to have stuff stick to it than the new one that feels slick and won't have anything stick to it anytime soon. The roller units are not that expensive and take a couple of minutes to switch out (2 screws on the bottom of the unit). Same part generally works in 3 series and later and it doesn't matter if it is color or black and white. You might have to file the plastic block on one end to get it to fit on some PCU versions, but it isn't much, doesn't take long and being able to carry 1 part number that fixes all drums in any 3 series or later 30 CPM color machine is absolutely worth it.

Just a note in comparing the costs between just a charge roller unit vs a PCU, you need around 15K out of a current unit with a new charge roller unit to break even on costs before replacing the PCU. Anything past 15k on the pcu means you came out ahead in using the charge roller unit instead of replacing it at that point. (Note: these are general costs and your specific mileage will vary depending on your location, etc).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    Co-sign on the charge roller. I have been using them this fall and winter and have had tremendous luck using them so far.

A lot of times, the PCU has not gotten to yield (especially black) and you need to do something with the charge roller. Cleaning it is a possibility, but you have to be extremely careful and my experience is that while you will get some additional life out of the unit before having to replace it, I don't know that it is all that much because the roller surface isn't smooth and slick anymore no matter what you do. (At one time, I considered trying wax for giggles as an experiment, but never got around to trying it). Even if you have gotten to yield, you can get additional life out of a pcu depending on what shape the lube bar is in.

If you compare a new charge roller unit (comes as a unit with a new cleaning roller, which is key, frame, etc) to a current one, it seems to me that the old roller surface isn't smooth and seems much more likely to have stuff stick to it than the new one that feels slick and won't have anything stick to it anytime soon. The roller units are not that expensive and take a couple of minutes to switch out (2 screws on the bottom of the unit). Same part generally works in 3 series and later and it doesn't matter if it is color or black and white. You might have to file the plastic block on one end to get it to fit on some PCU versions, but it isn't much, doesn't take long and being able to carry 1 part number that fixes all drums in any 3 series or later 30 CPM color machine is absolutely worth it.

Just a note in comparing the costs between just a charge roller unit vs a PCU, you need around 15K out of a current unit with a new charge roller unit to break even on costs before replacing the PCU. Anything past 15k on the pcu means you came out ahead in using the charge roller unit instead of replacing it at that point. (Note: these are general costs and your specific mileage will vary depending on your location, etc).
    AS I dont sell any mpc2503 models i only sell mpc3003 above as it made no sense in the long run with parts yield..
    Is there a part number for the whole charge roller assembly that one could drop swap out?
    THANKS

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    AS I dont sell any mpc2503 models i only sell mpc3003 above as it made no sense in the long run with parts yield..
    Is there a part number for the whole charge roller assembly that one could drop swap out?
    THANKS
    D0BQ2071 is the one I have been using on any 3 series and later 30 CPM and up.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Will a MPC2503 fit inside a MPC3503?

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    D0BQ2071 is the one I have been using on any 3 series and later 30 CPM and up.
    Yes the xx04 PCU are cheaper & a straight fit into the 3/4/5/6003 series.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What are you guys seeing here for Pricing on the 3003 and above color drums? Just checked with Ricoh and they are now nearing $1,000.00 EACH!!! WTF!?
    What are you guys seeing for Pricing on the 3004 and above color drums?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    What are you guys seeing here for Pricing on the 3003 and above color drums? Just checked with Ricoh and they are now nearing $1,000.00 EACH!!! WTF!?
    What are you guys seeing for Pricing on the 3004 and above color drums?

Wow! last time I checked the 3004 PCU was almost half the price of the 3003 for basically the exact same part just a different part number!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Wow! last time I checked the 3004 PCU was almost half the price of the 3003 for basically the exact same part just a different part number!

You are correct on half the price. We are seeing the D2422241 (270K) drum price as $451.00, and the D239xxxx (175k) drum for $267.00.
    Still unbelievable to see the $950.00 (Mind boggling) price tag for the xx03 drums. What the hell goes into it (production-wise) that's any different then the xx04's?
    You guys are sure that the xx04 drums "direct fit" into a xx03?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes and vice versa. Color pcu fits black slot and vice versa too. I put a color 03 pcu (D1862229) in a black 4504 slot the other day cause that was the only one I had in Stock. So the black 04 all around is cheaper. And the charge roller even better. I carry both. The dev units are the only noticeable difference and even then it's only on the front and the plug.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    You are correct on half the price. We are seeing the D2422241 (270K) drum price as $451.00, and the D239xxxx (175k) drum for $267.00.
    Still unbelievable to see the $950.00 (Mind boggling) price tag for the xx03 drums. What the hell goes into it (production-wise) that's any different then the xx04's?
    You guys are sure that the xx04 drums "direct fit" into a xx03?
    Yes a high price tag however they do easily hit PM life we usually upgrade our xx03 series before they hit 500k most of them still have all the same PCU's from new!

Yes I can confirm the xx04 fit the xx03 just remember to use the same speed e.g use an 3004 in a 3003 & 5504 in a 5503 etc.