Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Will a MPC2503 fit inside a MPC3503?

Re: Will a MPC2503 fit inside a MPC3503?

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    Co-sign on the charge roller. I have been using them this fall and winter and have had tremendous luck using them so far.
    A lot of times, the PCU has not gotten to yield (especially black) and you need to do something with the charge roller. Cleaning it is a possibility, but you have to be extremely careful and my experience is that while you will get some additional life out of the unit before having to replace it, I don't know that it is all that much because the roller surface isn't smooth and slick anymore no matter what you do. (At one time, I considered trying wax for giggles as an experiment, but never got around to trying it). Even if you have gotten to yield, you can get additional life out of a pcu depending on what shape the lube bar is in.
    While I have quite a few of this series in the field (by my standards anyway), they are all still relatively low meters as I usually source/ sell machines with under 50K total, and they mostly don't get run too heavily.
    However, I tried a little experiment yesterday at a time and materials customer that I was connected with a few months back that does have a higher meter unit that had streaking issues in colour (cyan specifically).
    Please don't judge me ...........I explained everything to them, and I've already supplied them with a full set of very low use replacement PCDU's at a very good price for if/when theirs fail again.
    That said.....they have just over 200K on the colour side. I removed the PCR's on all colour units and scrubbed the green coating right off down to the White nylon. Nice smooth surface, replaced foam rollers, and print quality is spectacular. How long will it last? Who knows? But I used to do this quite often with the old C2500 / 2800 series and had pretty good luck buying a little extra life on the drums
    Time will tell........For now, they're very happy to have only paid an hour labour and hang onto the extra drum units
    Anyone else tried it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    D0BQ2071 is the one I have been using on any 3 series and later 30 CPM and up.

thnx is that a ricoh part number or aftermarket?

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    While I have quite a few of this series in the field (by my standards anyway), they are all still relatively low meters as I usually source/ sell machines with under 50K total, and they mostly don't get run too heavily.
    However, I tried a little experiment yesterday at a time and materials customer that I was connected with a few months back that does have a higher meter unit that had streaking issues in colour (cyan specifically).
    Please don't judge me ...........I explained everything to them, and I've already supplied them with a full set of very low use replacement PCDU's at a very good price for if/when theirs fail again.
    That said.....they have just over 200K on the colour side. I removed the PCR's on all colour units and scrubbed the green coating right off down to the White nylon. Nice smooth surface, replaced foam rollers, and print quality is spectacular. How long will it last? Who knows? But I used to do this quite often with the old C2500 / 2800 series and had pretty good luck buying a little extra life on the drums
    Time will tell........For now, they're very happy to have only paid an hour labour and hang onto the extra drum units
    Anyone else tried it?
    HEY SAND HOW WAS JAMAICA?

as long as the drum is not scratched and the lub bar has life i think you will be good........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    thnx is that a ricoh part number or aftermarket?
    That is a Ricoh number from the parts catalog.

so i just bought my 1st mpc2503 due to missing parts on a mpc3003 i bought plus that crappy particle board cabinet i had on the mpc3003
    had two wheels that came off with big chunks of particle brd as the truckers tried pushing it with the wheels locked.
    Rather than spend a few hours trying to fix cabinet i bought a 4 tray mpc2503 with low color meter 44 total copier.
    I assume the transfer belt unit is the same? adf?..I was missing a 2nd transfer roller on my mpc3003 and also a few panels were crushed on the side..
    I plan on parting it out..
    and taking apart the black pcu .

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    so i just bought my 1st mpc2503 due to missing parts on a mpc3003 i bought plus that crappy particle board cabinet i had on the mpc3003
    had two wheels that came off with big chunks of particle brd as the truckers tried pushing it with the wheels locked.
    Rather than spend a few hours trying to fix cabinet i bought a 4 tray mpc2503 with low color meter 44 total copier.
    I assume the transfer belt unit is the same? adf?..I was missing a 2nd transfer roller on my mpc3003 and also a few panels were crushed on the side..
    I plan on parting it out..
    and taking apart the black pcu .
    Yes same DF & transfer unit.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Yes and vice versa. Color pcu fits black slot and vice versa too. I put a color 03 pcu (D1862229) in a black 4504 slot the other day cause that was the only one I had in Stock. So the black 04 all around is cheaper. And the charge roller even better. I carry both. The dev units are the only noticeable difference and even then it's only on the front and the plug.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Okay! Tested this out today. The Black Cxx04 (D2392243 - current number) does indeed work in the color slots for the C3004 - C6004 and the C3003 - C5503! At $102.00 per drum (400k yield) instead of the color xx04 drums at $267 (175k) or $451 (270K), or the $950 xx03 drums , we are going to start using these. Will make it a little easier on the car stock also.

Thank you guys for all the great info!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Okay! Tested this out today. The Black Cxx04 (D2392243 - current number) does indeed work in the color slots for the C3004 - C6004 and the C3003 - C5503! At $102.00 per drum (400k yield) instead of the color xx04 drums at $267 (175k) or $451 (270K), or the $950 xx03 drums , we are going to start using these. Will make it a little easier on the car stock also.

Thank you guys for all the great info!
    OK thanks for the info.

So basically the black 04 drums fits as a colour 04 without any modification!?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    OK thanks for the info.

So basically the black 04 drums fits as a colour 04 without any modification!?
    Correct. Works in the 04 and 03 color slots without mods. Wish we would've known this a while ago!

Quote Originally Posted by frohnb View Post
    correct. Works in the 04 and 03 color slots without mods. Wish we would've known this a while ago!

when you swap in new drum do you much around with the lub bar spring?