Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh MP C5502 Display Language

Hello all,

Looking for how change the display language on Ricoh MP C5502. Currently in English and Norsk, but it needs to be in English and Spanish. What I have found out so far reading through the forum:

1) Need technical Firmware that Ricoh doesn't offer publicly
    2) Can only have two languages at a time
    3) Needs a reliable power supply while changing software

Please let me know if the above info is correct, if you have any additional info, and if anyone knows where I can find this firmware?

Background: I recently moved Asuncion, Paraguay and needed to buy a printer for our business. There is a huge supply of used printers from Europe here but there are no certified Ricoh technicians and other learn on the fly technicians down here do not have this knowledge. If I can learn how to make this change I will not only help my business but a number of other business owners I am friends with.

Thank you,
    Brett

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C5502 Display Language

Are there any techs that work on any other brands servicing the area? I would purchase an MFP brand that had local support techs.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

First post and you're asking for firmware. Not a good idea.

I would suggest you point your browser to https://www.ricoh-americalatina.com/es-uy. They should be able to provide you with the contact information for a nearby authorized tech. If t here is not one within a reasonable distance, you might be able to get them to set you up as a self servicing end user and provide you the Language firmware and instructions on how to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Are there any techs that work on any other brands servicing the area? I would purchase an MFP brand that had local support techs.
    Yes, the problem is that that the costs of other MFPs here are not competitive. Ricoh brand in Paraguay has by far the cheapest machines, parts, and toner costs for MFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    First post and you're asking for firmware. Not a good idea.

I would suggest you point your browser to https://www.ricoh-americalatina.com/es-uy. They should be able to provide you with the contact information for a nearby authorized tech. If t here is not one within a reasonable distance, you might be able to get them to set you up as a self servicing end user and provide you the Language firmware and instructions on how to install it.

Not a good idea because of the group culture? Also what choice do I have but to ask for firmware if that is the only solution I have access too? Would that make it a good idea?

There is not an authorized tech within reasonable distance. I asked them for help and they told me the do not support Paraguay. When I asked them for the software they told me they are unable to send it to me. I also contacted the US technical services and was told the same.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ParagauyPrinter View Post
    Yes, the problem is that that the costs of other MFPs here are not competitive. Ricoh brand in Paraguay has by far the cheapest machines, parts, and toner costs for MFPs.
    running a copier/mfp/printer is not cheep ....

sounds like you need to include in your decision to buy a product is to learn the OPERATING cost/Tech Availability/supplies/age of unit as to repair parts availability.

too many owner come in here with a 10+year old machine and expect to get parts/help/firmware readily available.

we are good techs here, but we can't pull a 10yr old part out of our asses.

Might also help to be a contributor to CTN.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    running a copier/mfp/printer is not cheep ....

sounds like you need to include in your decision to buy a product is to learn the OPERATING cost/Tech Availability/supplies/age of unit as to repair parts availability.

too many owner come in here with a 10+year old machine and expect to get parts/help/firmware readily available.

we are good techs here, but we can't pull a 10yr old part out of our asses.

Might also help to be a contributor to CTN.

I did include operating costs in my decision. I am not sure you understand what it is like trying to run a business in one of the poorest and least technologically advanced countries in the world.

I did not come here with expectations, only a hope of finding some solutions. I would be concerned if anyone pulled a part out of their ass, more so if it was there for 10 years.

I came simply hoping for assistance after I tried to pay technicians like yourself for help but was unable to find one.

I would think that I would become a contributor to CTN if I found a welcoming and helpful community here.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I would think that I would become a contributor to CTN if I found a welcoming and helpful community here.
    yes that could help you. Like I stated we have alot of folks come thru here with outdated units, most DEMAND help and are pissed off because they can't get free stuff.

FYI I have created and run businesses from the time I was 12. everything from babysitting to copier/printer repair. I have spent $$thousands on training and hundreds of thousands of HOUR learning perfecting my trade.

IF you want to be a self-serve end user, I would suggest:

get a parts and service manual for ANY unit you plan to service

RTFM and the RE READ it. concentrate on THEORY at first.

buy a 3m type service vacuum and the tools needed for said products and an OHM meter

build a friend list here of the most experienced/helpful techs.

post pics (PDF's) of issues and ALL service reports to show us what the unit settings are

thoroughly CLEAN and check out ALL sections that pertain to your problem

list: parts replaced
    procedures you have done.
    ERROR/JAM CODES involved.

I will NOT speak for other techs.. but I hate going thru 24 comments before people post the above info,that could have resolved the issue from the gitgo

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would be concerned if anyone pulled a part out of their ass, more so if it was there for 10 years.
    Lol, now that is funny.

Seems you have two choices, 1 buy a Ricoh on the cheap with absolutely no support, or 2 pay a little more and buy a different brand that has tech support. Your call sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    yes that could help you. Like I stated we have alot of folks come thru here with outdated units, most DEMAND help and are pissed off because they can't get free stuff.

FYI I have created and run businesses from the time I was 12. everything from babysitting to copier/printer repair. I have spent $$thousands on training and hundreds of thousands of HOUR learning perfecting my trade.

IF you want to be a self-serve end user, I would suggest:

get a parts and service manual for ANY unit you plan to service

RTFM and the RE READ it. concentrate on THEORY at first.

buy a 3m type service vacuum and the tools needed for said products and an OHM meter

build a friend list here of the most experienced/helpful techs.

post pics (PDF's) of issues and ALL service reports to show us what the unit settings are

thoroughly CLEAN and check out ALL sections that pertain to your problem

list: parts replaced
    procedures you have done.
    ERROR/JAM CODES involved.

I will NOT speak for other techs.. but I hate going thru 24 comments before people post the above info,that could have resolved the issue from the gitgo

I appreciate the extra information and I will look into purchasing these items. Like I said before, I want to pay a technician but there are none that have this skillset here. I was not here looking for "free stuff." I am simply am looking for solutions to a machine I already own and would like to keep.