Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mp c3504ex J014

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: mp c3504ex J014

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    If you pull up the feedtray you see an axle with 4 rubber-rollers. Clean them very well, ´cause when they are too dirty the paper slips through.
    Greetings...
    you should see the actuator arm that is attached to the solenoid when you pop off the rear cover of the df. I have had a solenoid assembly fall apart (not sure how) but between the plunger and the return spring both coming adrift, duplexing would have been impossible.

Try to actuate the solenoid arm and see if the junction gate moves. These sometimes bind up (happened a lot on mp2352 and 2852 machines). Sometimes it just wants a bit of grease in the joints to get it going and keep it working.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp c3504ex J014

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    you should see the actuator arm that is attached to the solenoid when you pop off the rear cover of the df. I have had a solenoid assembly fall apart (not sure how) but between the plunger and the return spring both coming adrift, duplexing would have been impossible.

Try to actuate the solenoid arm and see if the junction gate moves. These sometimes bind up (happened a lot on mp2352 and 2852 machines). Sometimes it just wants a bit of grease in the joints to get it going and keep it working.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    On older models, 1027 and 2027, I have had the home position on the gate stick to the pad that is supposed to reduce noise when the gate returns to home. Moving the gate by hand releases it and duplex feeding works. After setting unused it sticks again. I finally gave up, said to hell with the noise and removed the pads.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    On older models, 1027 and 2027, I have had the home position on the gate stick to the pad that is supposed to reduce noise when the gate returns to home. Moving the gate by hand releases it and duplex feeding works. After setting unused it sticks again. I finally gave up, said to hell with the noise and removed the pads.
    Slimslob, those 1022/27s tought us hard lessons that only paid off later in life!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mp c3504ex J014

There are NUMEROUS posts and bulletins for the 3090 (D779) doc feeder.
    Start by updating the ADF firmware, latest is D7795300R (v1.390.:03). There have been a couple firmwares that deal with jam 14.

Check the original set sensor (half moon actuator) make sure it rebounds like it should. If not, pop it out and sand it’s posts and then apply a little oil on the posts when you pop it back in.

Make sure all sensors are clean!

We have rarely (if ever) had any mechanical problems with these. F/w seems to have helped with most of them.