Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

initial problem the transfer belt was tearing. replaced the transfer unit. a few days later i started getting the SC370-03 error. the first time it occurred i realized it happened after about 350 prints/copies ran according to the counter. i know the service manual points to the TM ID sensor. i have replaced that sensor and set the 6 values on each of the 3 sensors according to the service manual. i got the values off of the new sensor, which had them attached to each of the sensors shows the 6 values. i double checked myself to make sure i had the sensor turned the correct way before installing it. so i knew the F C and R of the sensors. then after install i entered the values according to the F C and R. i have noticed i could turn the copier off and unplug it. i can remove the transfer unit/module and blow the sensors off with air. then after reinstall and power-up it will work for a day or two. then i get the same error again. has anyone ran into this before? thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

Re: Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

What are t he PM counts on the PCUs? I have had these start scattering toner after they go much past PM count. It frequently works its way to the ID sensor assembly requiring frequent cleaning of the sensor. Remove all the PCDUs and clean any scattered toner from the tops and inside the cavity.

Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

i have replacement PCDU's on the way. as they are a bit over the counts. and i have done that before, removed the PCDU's and cleaned that area while cleaning the sensors. i forgot to mention that in my original post. thanks for the reply.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

After you blow off the sensors with air, wipe them with some glass cleaner or Rain-X. Sometimes they get static buildup and collect toner.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    After you blow off the sensors with air, wipe them with some glass cleaner or Rain-X. Sometimes they get static buildup and collect toner.
    Are you aware that they can leave a film that will reduce the effectiveness of the sensors? The recommended way to clean ID sensors is with a soft cotton cloth moistened with water only or with a camera lens brush.

Ricoh MPC6003 SC 370-03

FYI the parts i found in the parts finder have been discontinued. this was all 4 of the PCDUs. after we ordered using the discontinued part numbers ricoh supposedly sent us the parts that replaced the discontinued part numbers. but only one out of the four was even the correct part for that machine. so just be mindful of that.