Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio MP5001 No feed jam

Re: Aficio MP5001 No feed jam

If it helps you I can send you two or three sets of feed rollers if money is tight {free of charge} just private message address
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    If it helps you I can send you two or three sets of feed rollers if money is tight {free of charge} just private message address
    Mark, OP is in Greece I believe and shipping costs may be high.
    Anyway great attitude man. I truly appreciate it.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Mark, OP is in Greece I believe and shipping costs may be high.
    Anyway great attitude man. I truly appreciate it.
    Update sent a couple of sets feed rollers today for op {sorted}
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Greetings,

We have a Aficio MP5001 with approximately ~1,200,000 clicks on it. It was bought used, and basically every consumable (e.g. OPC drum, charging roller, etc) was, assuming from how bad the prints were coming out, completely worn out. I replaced everything apart from the developer (used a different PCDU whose developer was slightly used) and the heat roller and thermistors and had decent print quality ever since. I also gave the conveyance and paper feed rollers a good cleaning with a paper towel and some WD-40, while the rest of the copier was cleaned from toner and paper dust with a paper towel and IPA.

We load A4 80gsm paper on Tray 1 and Tray 2, and A3 80gsm paper on Trays 3 & 4.

The story starts with Tray 1. It would no-feed jam every 20-30 sheets or so. After some time, it would refuse to feed paper from Tray 1, and I thought, fair enough, it must have been the one tray that saw the most use during its lifetime, so I assumed the paper feed rollers (pick-up, feed and separation) must be worn out and need to be replaced.

I didn't give it much thought at that time, because my hands were full and we had 3 more trays that were working just fine. The machine thinks that the jam occurs at the door on the bottom left of the machine (I am more familiar with KM machines, and KM calls it "vertical conveyance unit") while in reality, the paper never really leaves the tray. It will either not get picked up by the pick-up roller, or it will be picked up, but it won't make it to the vertical conveyance unit.

Same thing started to occur with Tray 3. The paper will either barely make it through the paper feed unit or will not be picked up at all, and then the machine will jam with J005.

I then placed my poor phone inside Tray 3 and captured a video of what's going. The pick up roller would spin but fail to grab onto the paper and push it far enough so the feed roller would do the rest (see: MP5001 - Album on Imgur).

After taking a look at the PM tables in the service manual, I was surprised to see that that there is no mention of ever needing to replace the paper feed rollers - it only recommends cleaning them every now and then. Am I missing something here?

Currently, only Tray 2 works reliably, but only with trash-quality A4 80gsm paper - after loading some good quality A4 80gsm it would fail to feed every other sheet or so. Paper setting for all trays is set to "Plain".

Is there anything else I can do apart from replacing the pick-up, feed and separation rollers for each malfunctioning tray?

Thanks in advance.

hi, if the machine gives you j003, and the rollers are new or in good condition and clean, you can do the following:
    1) try to reverse the paper feed stations with another

2) you can activate the clutch from "sp-output check" and once activated try to turn the mechanism with your hands, if it is too free the clutch is gone, you can also reverse them if you want.if the station should be your problem, you can disassemble it all, it is rather simple, and you can clean the one-way bearings impeccably, you can immerse them in alcohol and then clean them with a screwdriver and non-fraying rag, blow them with a compressor, do not use greases, oils , or whatever (there is too much paper and toner dust in those areas, you would risk making a soup) those times that I tried I got excellent results.to finish if the machine is in good condition you can buy a new station, it seems to me that it costs between 80-120 euros, not much for a work machine.

this is only for j003!!!

good job
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replacing the rollers (pick-up, feed & separation) fixed the problem.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Replacing the rollers (pick-up, feed & separation) fixed the problem.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

Glad to help
    Regards Mark

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

This reply isn't really specific to this thread but when I was in the field I discovered that "Brasso" cleans feed rollers quite well. I used to carry it to polish drums. We used to use fedron to clean rollers. Stuff was awful and never did the job. I always thought it made them worse. I was very surprised that brasso left the roller in almost like new condition. We have a Ricoh C401sr we picked up and the doc feeder would fail to pull in an original. I cleaned all rollers with brasso and it works flawlessly now.

PS
    I do not own stock in brasso. :-)
    Jamex Tech Support: Saving the world one phone call at a time.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    This reply isn't really specific to this thread but when I was in the field I discovered that "Brasso" cleans feed rollers quite well. I used to carry it to polish drums. We used to use fedron to clean rollers. Stuff was awful and never did the job. I always thought it made them worse. I was very surprised that brasso left the roller in almost like new condition. We have a Ricoh C401sr we picked up and the doc feeder would fail to pull in an original. I cleaned all rollers with brasso and it works flawlessly now.

PS
    I do not own stock in brasso. :-)
    Ricoh used to put a small bottle of waterless hand cleaner in their PM kits. I found that it worked very well to clean feed rollers. The silica grit helped to get the embedded dust out of the surface. Then they went to packing one individually wrapped Scrubs. They worked but didn't last very long.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I find that I don't need to clean feed rollers. When they start to cause problems it's because they're worn, just replace them and it's good as new.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I find that I don't need to clean feed rollers. When they start to cause problems it's because they're worn, just replace them and it's good as new.
    I take it that you have never had any machines in high dust environments. Or customers who insisted on using paper with a high rag content.