Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,883
    Rep Power
    253

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    When the new SP was announced we were initially told there would be a reset made available. When that never became available I asked our local support and they said Ricoh decided to NOT either release the reset procedure or simply decided it would not be readily resetable. As far as I know there is no reset, but if there is I'd love to be made aware of it.
    It might be one of those things that your regional service rep will have to do using their emergency boot SD Card.

  2. #12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    I wonder if 5846-046 in factory SP resets it.
    Computers are serious tools, Michael!

  3. #13
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts JayPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    I know that 5-846-046 Has to be executed on the new IMC machines for example in my case I set the supervisor password to blank, customer then said I want to have an 18 digit admin and supervisor password with letters, numbers, capitals and special characters. With PaperCut installed on it...
    Then Ricoh told me on IMC machines if you set supervisor with no password it closes the account completely. The only way to reset it was 5-846-046 in Factory mode which clears out the entire address book registry and allows you to reboot the machine and set your new admin and supervisor passwords as if they were new.
    I'm not sure if this is what you are after but just a bit of info anyway in case you guys ever set those passwords as 'blank'

  4. #14
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,006
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    I wonder if 5846-046 in factory SP resets it.
    This has already been tested and the answer is no, SP5-846-46 does not reset the regular SP mode access code.

    03 Models SP Mode access changed from default
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

  5. #15
    Copier Technician 100+ Posts
    Finding previous tech SP access code

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Beware, Ricoh will try to tell you to replace the NVRam.
    Yes that's what they said

  6. #16
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts JayPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    Sorry so I'm just reading this again now and you mean the actual code just to get into SP mode (8****2)
    I honestly didn't even know you could change that... I can't see myself ever doing that unless some idiot customer googled it and figured out how to get into sp mode so they could 'have a play around' but nearly 9 years in the game never had anyone do that so far

  7. #17
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,883
    Rep Power
    253

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Sorry so I'm just reading this again now and you mean the actual code just to get into SP mode (8****2)
    I honestly didn't even know you could change that... I can't see myself ever doing that unless some idiot customer googled it and figured out how to get into sp mode so they could 'have a play around' but nearly 9 years in the game never had anyone do that so far
    Or a tech from a competitor gets it from one of the threads here where some idiot has posted it in plain text and sabotages your machine.

  8. #18
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts JayPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    You would have to be really low to do that. I mean surely you would have to go into your competitors customers office, pretend you have a legit reason to be using their machine, wreck it, then leave in the hopes they can't fix it. So then your sales guy can say these guys suck let us sell you a machine, then you show up to service it and they say 'wait a minute you are the guy that ruined our old machine'
    Can't say I would do it, for a start morally and secondly so risky if you were found out.
    Has this happened to you?

  9. #19
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,006
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    We have clients who for security reasons set admin and supervisor passwords, changing them regularly, and have also insisted on a non-default SP mode, so there can be valid reasons to change it. We just don't do it on a whim.

    And, no, we have never had a known case of sabotage.
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

  10. #20
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,883
    Rep Power
    253

    Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

    Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    You would have to be really low to do that. I mean surely you would have to go into your competitors customers office, pretend you have a legit reason to be using their machine, wreck it, then leave in the hopes they can't fix it. So then your sales guy can say these guys suck let us sell you a machine, then you show up to service it and they say 'wait a minute you are the guy that ruined our old machine'
    Can't say I would do it, for a start morally and secondly so risky if you were found out.
    Has this happened to you?
    I have seen instances where Susie Q's boy friend has worked for a competitor.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here