Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Finding previous tech SP access code

Re: Finding previous tech SP access code

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    When the new SP was announced we were initially told there would be a reset made available. When that never became available I asked our local support and they said Ricoh decided to NOT either release the reset procedure or simply decided it would not be readily resetable. As far as I know there is no reset, but if there is I'd love to be made aware of it.
    It might be one of those things that your regional service rep will have to do using their emergency boot SD Card.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

I wonder if 5846-046 in factory SP resets it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

I know that 5-846-046 Has to be executed on the new IMC machines for example in my case I set the supervisor password to blank, customer then said I want to have an 18 digit admin and supervisor password with letters, numbers, capitals and special characters. With PaperCut installed on it...
    Then Ricoh told me on IMC machines if you set supervisor with no password it closes the account completely. The only way to reset it was 5-846-046 in Factory mode which clears out the entire address book registry and allows you to reboot the machine and set your new admin and supervisor passwords as if they were new.
    I'm not sure if this is what you are after but just a bit of info anyway in case you guys ever set those passwords as 'blank'

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    I wonder if 5846-046 in factory SP resets it.
    This has already been tested and the answer is no, SP5-846-46 does not reset the regular SP mode access code.

03 Models SP Mode access changed from default

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Beware, Ricoh will try to tell you to replace the NVRam.
    Yes that's what they said
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Sorry so I'm just reading this again now and you mean the actual code just to get into SP mode (8****2)
    I honestly didn't even know you could change that... I can't see myself ever doing that unless some idiot customer googled it and figured out how to get into sp mode so they could 'have a play around' but nearly 9 years in the game never had anyone do that so far

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Sorry so I'm just reading this again now and you mean the actual code just to get into SP mode (8****2)
    I honestly didn't even know you could change that... I can't see myself ever doing that unless some idiot customer googled it and figured out how to get into sp mode so they could 'have a play around' but nearly 9 years in the game never had anyone do that so far
    Or a tech from a competitor gets it from one of the threads here where some idiot has posted it in plain text and sabotages your machine.

You would have to be really low to do that. I mean surely you would have to go into your competitors customers office, pretend you have a legit reason to be using their machine, wreck it, then leave in the hopes they can't fix it. So then your sales guy can say these guys suck let us sell you a machine, then you show up to service it and they say 'wait a minute you are the guy that ruined our old machine'
    Can't say I would do it, for a start morally and secondly so risky if you were found out.
    Has this happened to you?

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

We have clients who for security reasons set admin and supervisor passwords, changing them regularly, and have also insisted on a non-default SP mode, so there can be valid reasons to change it. We just don't do it on a whim.

And, no, we have never had a known case of sabotage.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    You would have to be really low to do that. I mean surely you would have to go into your competitors customers office, pretend you have a legit reason to be using their machine, wreck it, then leave in the hopes they can't fix it. So then your sales guy can say these guys suck let us sell you a machine, then you show up to service it and they say 'wait a minute you are the guy that ruined our old machine'
    Can't say I would do it, for a start morally and secondly so risky if you were found out.
    Has this happened to you?
    I have seen instances where Susie Q's boy friend has worked for a competitor.